4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flame Paint Job - Street Scene Grille & Hot Rod Pinstriping

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 05:31 PM
vyruz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice paintjob.
However I don't like lowered pickups, in my opinion it defeats the whole purpose of the vehicle

Pickups look a lot better when lifted.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

how does it defeat the purpose of me buying a truck?

I can still let the dogs ride out back....i can still haul a stove or a tv... i can still load up the bed with a cooler, bags, boxes and take it on a trip.

there is nothing i could/would do with my truck that i cant now that its lowered... if i wanted to haul a few thousand pounds i wouldn't have got the 1500 with coil springs... i would have got the 2500 and left it stock

don't be so close minded....

Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 PM
socaliallstar82
Professional

well said man, I get that some times too about my lowered ride. Its not like its slammed inches from the floor. Still 100% functional. And looks pretty bad *** Doc. I wanna see it person when your done.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:11 PM
carbonjuicd
Professional

Everyone will shed an opinion on what they like. I like both lifted and lowered trucks.
I like the fact doc has made this forum fun to follow. As well as some other awesome trucks on the forum. Keep the mods going!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:11 AM
vyruz

@ Doc Fluty:
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, you should do whatever you like with your truck and don't care what I have to say about it

But as carbonjuicd pointed out, I was indeed just representing what I like.
I like lowered sports cars, and lifted pickup trucks, but not the other way around But hey, that's just my view on things, luckily we all don't think and like the same, otherwise it would be a boring world out there

What i mean by defeating the purpose of this truck, is that in my eyes, are big advantage of a pickup truck is that you can haul/tow a lot, but you can still drive through rugged/muddy terain where another car would have to turn back. You could off course also buy a Jeep, but would loose the ability to haul a lot.
And if you lower your truck, I think you would have to avoid these difficult terains which you could otherwise cross without problems.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:14 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
i got my street scene black chrome inserts this week.. but its not going to be installed until i get the grille shell painted

my inserts are chrome and when i put the new inserts over them.. it just looks bad.. so i think im going to end up cutting out my inserts to have these installed..

my bed rug is curled at the end because i lifted it up to see if i could get the back ram emblem off... thats going to have to wait

heres pics of the inserts

Might have been cheaper for you to buy the Canadian Sport grille. Those inserts are pretty close to my inserts from the factory.

Ghost flames on the hood making their way down and ending somewhere on the front door

Old 09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

yeah 72combo.. i thought about that.. but when i went to look at them they were just cheap flat black plastic.

these while black are still shiney and you can tell that they are aftermarket...

someone once said "thats the difference between getting winning and being nominated"... thats stuck with me the rest of my life... no matter what i do i try to be on another level...

Old 09-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

dont worry vyruz im not telling you that yoru opinion is invalid. i was just trying to point out that my truck is still functional as a truck.

I have no problem with people not liking my truck.. hell im sure a lot of people think im ghetto because i put 24s on my truck and didnt raise it "like a real truck" ..you and everyone esle are entitled to your opinion and i would never try to talk you out of it.

so feel free to tell me that you think my flames are a bad idea and that you hate them or whatever... im a big boy and i can take it.

if i didnt want poeples opinions on my truck i would never put it in a forum... i would just do what i do and keep it in my garage..

say whatever you want... good or bad... i wont mind

Old 09-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Albertaramfan
Captain

Can't wait to see it when she's done.
My trucks getting custom paint as we speak and should be rolling again by the weekend (I hope)

Not everybody has the same taste. Some like lowered, some like raised, some like big wheels some like stockers. At the end of the day it's what YOU like that matters.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:10 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
if i didnt want poeples opinions on my truck i would never put it in a forum... i would just do what i do and keep it in my garage..
AMEN!!

I feel the same way about my rides. My Harley for example, some people love it and some people hate it, says it's a waste of a touring bike. Well, I won first place in the only bike show I've entered it in and it was up against bikes costing twice as much.

BTW - I like where you're going with it.

Quick Reply: Flame Paint Job - Street Scene Grille & Hot Rod Pinstriping