4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seats....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:12 AM
pacific nw guy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats....

sorry to start another thread on this but the 26 pages was so long I doubt this comment would ever be seen....

I read through that whole thing and became concerned, would i have seat issues?

I then started looking at different leather seats in different cards. I also own a Prius with leather that has 17k miles and is less that 2 years old. The leather in that thing is wrinkled a lot worse and to be honest it is something I expect with leather. Some seats are built differently but I can also tell you we have had much more expensive cars with heated seats and they had the same type of bumps or waves, now if the leather actually cracks that is a different story....

my feeling on the seats is that they are VERY comfortable. I drove a few hours towing my trailer and could not believe how good they felt

anyhow just my 2 cents......and if anyone else has cars with leather seats check them out and let me know what you find.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:46 AM
tombogue09
Captain

The seats are comfortable. I have learned to live with the way they look but the main problem I've always had with them is that they're not leather.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:52 AM
pacific nw guy
Professional
Default not leather

in the laramie? website states leather.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 PM
jayman84
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know when the chargers first came out it stated that the R/T and SRT8 had leather seats. The actual truth was that only the bolsters in the R/T were leather and the bottom and back center sections were fake leather. Don't know if that is the same for the ram trucks or not.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:39 PM
pacific nw guy
Professional
Default yeah

i think that is the case. where the heating and cooling is that is not leather. i put leather conditioner on that part and got a bit of color on the cloth. next time I will use something else.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:16 PM
tombogue09
Captain

I'm sorry but no part of these seats are real leather. Maybe some kind of bonded leather were just enough leather fibers are mixed in with vinyl to call leather. I'm hesitant to say that because it doesn't even feel like bonded leather, it looks and feels like 100% vinyl.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:59 PM
pacific nw guy
Professional
Default Maybe

but I have heard other people saying the same thing about other car brands time and time again, maybe nothing we get is real leather?? anyhow I really like the seats, when I was cleaning them I noticed how large and well supported they are.

tombougue I would almost guarantee if that guy did not start this huge thread about the seats no one would have ever noticed.....

Old 01-17-2010, 10:39 AM
B.Kaiser1
Rookie

I read somewhere on a leather treatment site that vertually all US cars with leather seats use a thin layer of vinyl capped on leather. They stated that only some high end eourpean cars use the raw leather.

Last edited by B.Kaiser1; 01-18-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Seats....