Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 4th Gen Ram Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

4th Gen Ram Tech 2009+ and up Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 and up Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stereo freezing up

Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Default Stereo freezing up

Has anyone else had a problem with the touch screen stereo freezing up?
Sometimes the sound will not work, and sometimes the stereo will not let me change the channels. Even when I use the voice command it will not work. This will happen 2 or 3 times a week. If I turn off the truck for a few min. then turn it back on the stereo works fine... until the next time a few days later.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Garage is empty, add now

I was having a similar issue. When I listened to FM station 105.5, it would lock up the entire system. No sound and I couldn't change stations unless i pulled the fuse. The only thing that would work was Sirius channels. I was running 9.292 and am now running 9.227. I questioned it on www.mofv.com/mygig/ and clicked on the "LIVE SUPPORT" button, and they mailed me an update disk within a week no charge. I just upgraded it tonight, and so far so good.

I should also specify that I have the REN non-navigation radio.

Last edited by 2010hemiguy; 03-15-2010 at 09:48 PM..
Old 03-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Professional
2009 Dodge Ram 1500

Vehicle: Sunburst Orange '09 Ram Sport CC 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010hemiguy View Post
I was having a similar issue. When I listened to FM station 105.5, it would lock up the entire system. No sound and I couldn't change stations unless i pulled the fuse. The only thing that would work was Sirius channels. I was running 9.292 and am now running 9.227. I questioned it on www.mofv.com/mygig/ and clicked on the "LIVE SUPPORT" button, and they mailed me an update disk within a week no charge. I just upgraded it tonight, and so far so good.

I should also specify that I have the REN non-navigation radio.
Same type of problems here. I had updated the software due to it supposedly being faster with the Bluetooth commands and found it would freeze with the HDD ie.. it would goto the next song and just sit there like it was looking for it, even though it was showing the info for it. It would also screw up the volume on occasion and not let me change FM stations. Down graded the software back to what was original version and it's better but still freezes on occasion. Of course every time I want to take it in when it acts up, it starts to work again!

Mods: Factory Mopar Side Steps, Mopar bed lights, Line-X Bed Liner, Blue LED Interior lights, Undercover SE Tonneau
Old 03-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Record Breaker
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: Previously: 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab

Hmm... I've had this happen in a few different situations. Sometimes it will freeze and not let me change FM stations until I restart the truck. Other times it won't let me change audio modes. Never consistently the same type of freeze and it happens to me maybe once a month? I've never upgraded the software.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Similar .. yesterday Sirius stopped working saying it was looking for satellites. I was in a clear area where I never lose signal. It was odd because as I changed through the satellite channels, it updated the info of what was laying on each, but it never did get audio back until I stopped some after I turned the truck off and back on (some 45 minutes later).
Old 03-20-2010, 11:35 PM
2009 Dodge Ram 1500

Vehicle: Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie

This week is my one year anniversary for owning my 09 truck, and I've never had this problem. I listen to Sirius and HHD 99% of the time.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Champion
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 09 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4, 72 Chevy C-10 350/350

Me too Pinch and I swapped radio to a REN from a RES and well Sirius keeps calling me to reenlist but why would I bother I hope this thing goes for ever LOL. When it quits I will start it, I know if it was my subscription they would transfer it but since its not and I think it is a loaner car one where it works alll the time. We shall see, no matter this month is the end of my free year. I have version 9.293 which I am told is unavailable, when I have it I would have to ask the guy I bought if from It came from the factory like this since there is even a sticker on it 9.293, on top of another sticker, I tried to peel the sticker but it wont come off anyway it shows this version on the radio too on the screen. I don't have the disc for it wish I did cuz I want to try the new lockpick 3.0, there was a 2.5 then they went to 3 in a month or so it seems. it is upgradeable like the other one out there vie usb.
09 Brilliant Black Sport Hemi 4x4 CC,now has FUEL SAVER light. Mopar bed rug(awesome), Pace Edwards power locking gate, updated to RER,tinted windows,Husky Weather beaters, Craftec Tonneau, Mopar mudflaps,tailgate assist ram, Lockpick v3 with front and rear ccd cameras, Mopar running tubes,Cabin Filter Mod, DiabloSport catch can.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 AM