4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:12 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

The complete story on the Trailer Brake Controller on 2010 Models.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 04:16 PM
djf48
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received the controller and bezel from mopar-wholesale.com, it cost about 115.00 shipped. It took about a 1/2 hour to install (with a beer break ) You need 2 screws to attach the controller to the bezel, I used the shortest 4MM fine screws I could find at the local hardware store. I tryed alot of different screws but the 4MM seem to "fit" the best. Now I just need to see if I can get it flashed at the dodge dealer.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:58 PM
ROBERTHUDSON
Default hOW TO TURN OFF evic MESSAGE TO SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM

I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 300DRW HD 4X4, I had an electric brake issue in my 7 blade connector, I found it and corrected it. Now how do I get the EVIC message "Service Trailer Brake control system" and of course I have the red trailer with the line thru it, its one of those factory intergrated control system and those lights stay on even with trailer off.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:49 PM
72combo
Champion

Why the hell do they put a class IV hitch with wiring to the back for brakes and lights etc. Now if I install an after market controller I can just plug it in the big blue connector and well I don't have it in my EVIC **** I never look at it anyway. So the wiring somewhere on the frame shorts out....and my trailer brakes fail. Who is to blame? So really what is the difference, I would sign a waiver saying I would not hold them to blame if hooking up the OEM brake on my 09 failed I would not go after Chrysler as long as it was due to the hook up and not faulty controller or wiring after the controller.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:49 AM
jhardin80

I have a 2010 with the one connector and I got my controller and bezel in yesterday and had it installed in about an hour. Everything is working like it should! I just need to find a dealer to flash my system for free!

Thanks for all the great info on here!

Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
eyera3

Thanks for the info. I bought a controller form an Ebay seller. Then got the dash panel from my local dealer. $14.50. really cheap. I followed the direction and opend up my dash. I was only able to locate one connector taped to the harness.It was the 7 pin larger connector. Do I need to have both of them hooked up? My controller does not light up. Also, will it work If I do not have the dealer flash the ecu?
Thanks

Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 AM
wobly
Amateur

Do you have the factory controller or an aftermarket one? If it is factory, it requires both plugs to be hooked up. But, if you only have one plug, you can wire in the second one. I think the instructions are a couple pages back.
I had one plug and bought a Prodigy3. Love it!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM
eyera3

It's an OEM controller. I'll look for the directions for adding the second pig tail. The truck does have the oem tow package.
Thanks

Quick Reply: The complete story on the Trailer Brake Controller on 2010 Models.