4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:12 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

The complete story on the Trailer Brake Controller on 2010 Models.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 PM
itaintachev
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any excate part numbers for the EVIC would be AWESOME.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:42 PM
itaintachev
Professional

Is there anything anyone can assist me in telling the dealer? I called them today and they called me back telling me there is nothing to update. They said after talking to Dodge Techs there is no brake controlelr for the 1500 thus no flash update. Well, I have the controller in the truck and it appears to be working fine. Anyways, is there anything special I can tell them to pull up or look up or anything for them to find it?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:05 PM
wobly
Amateur

Originally Posted by itaintachev
Is there anything anyone can assist me in telling the dealer? I called them today and they called me back telling me there is nothing to update. They said after talking to Dodge Techs there is no brake controlelr for the 1500 thus no flash update. Well, I have the controller in the truck and it appears to be working fine. Anyways, is there anything special I can tell them to pull up or look up or anything for them to find it?
If I remember correctly, it is the XHCA code that needs to be added.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:00 PM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

My dealer could not do anything with that code. But, he was able to get in and search for the module number of the brake controller. Found it, and did the install or whatever he did. Mine now shows in the EVIC if I hit the controller button. Or if I go into Vehicle Info, I can pull it up steady. It's there, they can do it, they just need to want to. And just and FYI, mine only had one connector, I had to hard wire in the other one, and they still got mine to work.

Maybe just ask if they can go in and search for the trailer brake module #, then add it to the system?

Old 06-15-2010, 12:25 AM
72combo
Champion

I gotta think if someone was intelligent and into electronics could hard wire that sucker into an 09. I really do.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:07 AM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

Originally Posted by 72combo
I gotta think if someone was intelligent and into electronics could hard wire that sucker into an 09. I really do.

I know the guy who helped me, tried on his '09. Tied into all the same wires I did and got nothing. It would not interact with the canbus. Now, whether or not the canbus is different, or if a flash could maybe get it working I don't know. All I do know is the '10 guys who hardwire get them to fire up, the '09 guys get nothing.

Maybe, with this new Dodge flash that got the 2 mystery modules out of existance, maybe another '09 guy will try and maybe with the dealer updates get it to work.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:10 AM
72combo
Champion

No Dodge has no plan to try to make a trailer brake controller to fit the 09. Time to move on. Got that info from up there.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Lloyd88P
Default Dealership with trailer brakes in stock

Newbie here so I haven't filled out my information but I have found a dealership in Springfield, MO that currently has 5 trailer brakes in stock. I just bought one from them. They typically wont sell them to other dealerships, just customers but they will ship it to you. I checked with my dealership and it is up to 719 on backorder with only 100 going out today so if you want one quick, pm me and I will send you the dealerships information.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:05 AM
HD HEMI
Default 2010 Ram Integrated Brake Controller

Could someone please give me the name and number of a dealer and if possible the techs name that did a trailer brake controller install and computer flash on their 2010 ram so my dealer could reference them if they have a problem getting it to install on the EVIC. thanks

Old 06-20-2010, 02:00 PM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

It would be long distance, but here is mine. I can't recal the techs name though, I think it was Mike? He is the electrical tech/guru.

http://www.gustafsonsdodge.ca/dodge

Quick Reply: The complete story on the Trailer Brake Controller on 2010 Models.