4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:12 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

The complete story on the Trailer Brake Controller on 2010 Models.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:54 PM
autoengmike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally out according to my dealer.

I started a new thread: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...r-finally.html

Sorry, wrong information. Will update when finally available...

Last edited by autoengmike; 11-18-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
llllll

my 2010 ram 3500 does that too. my trailer is older, who cares. the alarm bell sounds every five seconds saying the trailer brake is disconnected then connected. its ok on smooth roads but on bumpy roads it drives me nuts. i think it's a dodge software problem i don't care if the light comes on but the bell must be stopped

Last edited by llllll; 02-16-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 PM
llllll

my truck does that too, every bumb the light and bell sounds trailer brake disconnected then connected. the bell makes me crazy.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 PM
mcclellandj

Went with the P3, and installed it just like the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUAKOZ03xg

Old 02-26-2011, 08:14 PM
djf48

Will this also work for the 2011 2500 ST? Is the part number the same for the bezal? I would like to add the factory brake control and bezal to my truck but the dealer said it wouldn't work. Thanks

Old 03-16-2011, 01:13 PM
kingquadcab
Default integrated Trailer Brake Controller add on

I e-mailed CAGRIS Helpdesk Group [cagris@chrysler.com] today and this was the reply.'The Mopar kit number is 82212548 and it is currently available"
check into guys!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Oleksakjr

You dont need a "kit"

If you have the wiring in place, just buy the controller (part numbers is a few pages back) and the bezel and you're good to go. If you want it in the EVIC then get it flashed... pretty simple

I get a kick out of people waiting for this "kit" when you couldve just done it yourself a while ago...

Old 03-17-2011, 02:29 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by drober30
I doubt Mopar would make it work for the 09 since it would be just one model year. That's to bad, I really like the factory integration.
Well it is obvious it was planned at some point since the same little pocket is on the 09 that is on all other years after that don't have the controller. The bezel and controller fit just like in the latter years. So they should have a plan for it, but really I am hearing it is going to be an obsolete controller in a few years because of the type of brakes....I was told this by several trailer companies....no they were not just trying to sell me a controller.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:35 AM
kingquadcab

well, maybe this 'kit" has everything you went out and bought seperately. And maybe, it will tell what what build dates are effected. Some people don't have the time to sit around and try and figure out what has to be done to acomplish this installation. Seems like all the other posts go back and forth on what can be done or what can't be done. after awhile it gets confussing.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Oleksakjr

Its pretty simple man... instead of wasting your time for a kit it couldve been done a while ago. The kit will include everything I bought seperately for what looks to be a higher price too...

All you need to do is look for two connectors behind the cubby hole, if you have them buy the controller and bezel and your done. Connect it and screw it in... you dont even need the dealer to flash the truck it will work without the flash but it just wont display the brake info on your cluster. If you want that go to a deer and have them add the option code. You will need to do this same thing with the kit anyways

I dont see whats so hard about this, the kit does not include anything else. The only bigthing is if your truck has the plugs or not, so far it has nothing to do wih build dates but more of trim. Even then some slts have them while laramies dont. Thats the only issue...

Brake type obsolete?? I was told this eight years ago as well and electric brakes havent gone anywhere the guys full of himself. There are different types of brakes but they arent goin anywhere soon, youll be fine

Quick Reply: The complete story on the Trailer Brake Controller on 2010 Models.