4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2010 Door Panel Removal for Speaker Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 04:20 PM
pepsico
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Door Panel Removal for Speaker Install

I am receiving new speakers tonight. Got the Mopar/Kicker upgrade kit to replace the 6 stock speakers I currently have.

I planned on trying to figure it out, but if anyone has any advice on how to remove the door panels, and/or the top of the dash to get to the 3.5" speakers, that would be very helpful.

Love this forum.

-Pep

Old 06-11-2010, 06:40 PM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

I only removed the back door panels but have to assume the front are the same. There are torx plastic screws around the outside, really nothing more then a fancy push in style connector. So if they don't unscrw the centre part can just be popped out, or pulled forward while screwing. Then just pull out the other part. There is a screw in behind the inner door pull, undo it and remove the insert. Remove the top piece by pulling hard. Then the panel slid up and was loose. Prety simple. Getting all the tabs lined up to slide it back down, that is another story. But instalation, is oposite of removal! Front door should be the same, dash, no idea but I heard the panels just pop off above the speakers.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:05 PM
loansinpa
Rookie

When taking off be careful not to walk off with door panel before unplugging power door/window switches. It was much easier to take the panel off, reach around and pop the switches out from the panel then remove the wires. Same thing going in, put the panel on, make sure the wiring harness is in the right place then plug in.

Also, before putting back together pop the plastic piece that goes around the handle out. It gives a lot more room to wiggle the panel back on without the restriction of the handle holding it in place. It can be just put back in place after the whole panel is on.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:09 PM
myhikingboots
Rookie
Old 06-12-2010, 03:14 AM
daviddto
Rookie

the handle that you use to get in and out of your truck on the a pillers has two screws in it. you take those screws out and pull on the a piller and all you do is put a finger under the side if the dash speaker grill and pust up. real easy. you cant go wrong...

Old 06-12-2010, 11:13 AM
pepsico

Thanks for the information. I got the doors no prob. Waiting on the dash speakers to arrive to replace those as well.
Thanks for the previous thread link as well. Bookmarked as that is super helpful.

Quick Reply: 2010 Door Panel Removal for Speaker Install