4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

After-market Power Folding Mirrors

Old 08-27-2010, 08:27 AM
RockBottomRAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After-market Power Folding Mirrors

My apologies if this has been discussed and beaten to the ground in the past; but I just couldn’t find anything in the previously posted threads.

Anyhow, I have a 09’ CC, and recently bought a home with a two car garage, only to find that the truck won’t fit in the garage without folding in the mirrors.
The garage has 2 single width doors as opposed to a double width.

Either way, the question becomes, has anyone installed after-market POWERED FOLDING MIRRORS? And if so, what’s the install like? How much did it cost you? Where did you get it done? What did you need to buy?

Any recommendations, suggestions, things to look for; and/or tips in general would be appreciated……….

Thanks……

Old 08-27-2010, 09:01 AM
72combo
Champion

Why not just fold yours in like you are. saves some money, These trucks are hard to park in a lot I can't imagine a garage especially a newer house where a double garage is like what used to be car and a half.JMHO.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Cal'sFirstRam
Amateur

If you find any RockBottom; let me know. I believe it to be a pain in the ace to get out of the truck and fold the mirrors in while trying to fit into tight places. One bank I used to go; the drive ups were really tight and I had to fold in the mirrors on my other truck and found it a great convience to do so with the press of a button.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doubt you will find any. There are only 2 sets of aftermarket towing mirrors available right now for these trucks. Power fold ins are a pretty rare thing anyways on anything but little japanese cars. Only fullsize I've ever seen that had them is the Sequoia

Old 08-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Cal'sFirstRam
Amateur

If they look close to stock; I would be interested. My last two trucks had power fold mirrors. I had a gmc yukon and nissan armada. The mirrors on the armada were the best, the back up tilt really gave a good tilt. If I remember right; you could adjust how much curb tilt you wanted. Anyways, after having power fold mirrors in the last two trucks; and the sticker on the ram saying power folding mirrors.....I was trying every button on the console to fold those things...lol....Realized that it meant that there power adjustable and can fold... "Jeep" do you know by chance which aftermarket ones are available?

Old 08-27-2010, 05:26 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Cal'sFirstRam
If they look close to stock; I would be interested. My last two trucks had power fold mirrors. I had a gmc yukon and nissan armada. The mirrors on the armada were the best, the back up tilt really gave a good tilt. If I remember right; you could adjust how much curb tilt you wanted. Anyways, after having power fold mirrors in the last two trucks; and the sticker on the ram saying power folding mirrors.....I was trying every button on the console to fold those things...lol....Realized that it meant that there power adjustable and can fold... "Jeep" do you know by chance which aftermarket ones are available?
Don't the Laramie mirrors have back up tilt?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:14 PM
kpevin
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 72combo
Don't the Laramie mirrors have back up tilt?
Yes.

I also assumed that since it said it had 'power folding mirrors' on the window sticker mine had them as well.

My 2007 GMC 2500 had power folding mirrors, and you could adjust the reverse tilt where you wanted them.

I miss the power folding mirrors, and I also miss being able to adjust the backup tilt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: After-market Power Folding Mirrors