4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lowering

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 PM
lasstss
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering

Bell Tech is supposed to come up with a lowering kit toward the end of this year. They are working on it now. Hopefully they can do it without killing the ride. I had their kit on a 96 Impala SS and it didn't seriously effect the ride quality. No one here has anything stellar to say about the resulting ride quality from the other 2 kits.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:42 AM
ran jr
Veteran

I've got the McGaughy 2/4 deluxe kit on mine and have no issues with it. The spindles in the front retain the stock coil springs so it doesn't change the ride. They do increase the track a bit.

What will the Bell Tech be 2/3, 2/4, springs in the front? I like the McGaughys because they have a track bar relocation bracket for the rear which keeps the rear end centered.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:33 PM
ChristianJS
Professional

Originally Posted by ran jr
I've got the McGaughy 2/4 deluxe kit on mine and have no issues with it. The spindles in the front retain the stock coil springs so it doesn't change the ride. They do increase the track a bit.

What will the Bell Tech be 2/3, 2/4, springs in the front? I like the McGaughys because they have a track bar relocation bracket for the rear which keeps the rear end centered.
+1....

Old 05-12-2010, 02:10 PM
vodapas
Rookie

Do you have any pics posted of your truck with the drop? I'm guessing the pic in your sig is pre-drop. I want the McGaughy's drop but of the pics I've seen the rear looks a little too low for my taste.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:17 PM
ChristianJS
Professional

before and after:

Last edited by ChristianJS; 08-23-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by vodapas
Do you have any pics posted of your truck with the drop? I'm guessing the pic in your sig is pre-drop. I want the McGaughy's drop but of the pics I've seen the rear looks a little too low for my taste.
Sorry no pics yet, I just installed it on Saturday and haven't even got an alignment yet. I drove it home from the In-Laws (he has the shop) which is about 200 miles all interstate. The kit made the truck feel a bit more sporty in that it will handle the curves without all the body roll.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
vodapas
Rookie

Sorry no pics yet, I just installed it on Saturday and haven't even got an alignment yet. I drove it home from the In-Laws (he has the shop) which is about 200 miles all interstate. The kit made the truck feel a bit more sporty in that it will handle the curves without all the body roll.
Cool, I'll keep an eye out for pics in the future. BTW, love your bikes. By next Spring our driveways are going to look very similar. I have a XL1200N I'm going to trade "down" for an XL883N and I'll be picking up a FHLX at the same time.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by vodapas
BTW, love your bikes. By next Spring our driveways are going to look very similar. I have a XL1200N I'm going to trade "down" for an XL883N and I'll be picking up a FHLX at the same time.
Thanks, the bikes are great. The Iron is the around town "bar hopper" and the Street Glide is the all day bike. You'll love them both. Big power difference between the 1200 and 883 but good thing is you can bump the 883 up to 1200 if you find it's not enough.

BTW, my wife had taken a couple of pictures of the truck on Saturday after I installed the drop.

Last edited by ran jr; 03-27-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:25 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by ChristianJS
before and after:
Truck is lookin' good ChristianJS, went from a "Work Truck" look to a "Sport Truck" look.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 AM
Boogiedownchoppers

How does it ride? I have 24" wheel and they didn't change the ride much but looking to drop it! I'm affraid between the to it may be harsh. Anyone have this set that can give some info. By the sweet rides and keep the rubber down

Quick Reply: lowering