4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

esp question for the guru's

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 05:04 PM
jayman84
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default esp question for the guru's

How can we disable the esp completely while in 2wd. I have tried talking to my dealer to see if they can do it through the starscan and no one will even look to see if it is an option. I have a 4wd truck and i want to be able to turn it off 100% when in 2wd and all i can find is to pull a wheel sensor and then lose abs and that is not an option. Any help would be awesome.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:27 AM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who needs ABS seriously every vehicle ive ever owned hasn't has ABS and im still alive as for the ones ive driven (company chevys) with ABS i dont like the feeling its almost as if i dont have control of the vehicle just my 0.02 all im saying is take the sensor try it with out the ABS and see how it feels if you dont like having control put the sensor back in

Old 11-23-2010, 12:28 PM
tombogue09
Captain

The "key trick" is another method of turning it off. I don't know if you want it off all the time or just a brief period but the key trick works perfect if you just want it off for a short time. Just turn the key to the starting position and hold it there, esp will be completely disabled as long as you hold it.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:35 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

Wait did I understand that correctly as long as you hold the key so drive while holding the key..... That seems rather inconvenient lol

Old 11-23-2010, 05:41 PM
devile
Professional

duct tape will help with inconvenience... LOL

Old 11-23-2010, 07:26 PM
tombogue09
Captain

Originally Posted by canadian dakota
Wait did I understand that correctly as long as you hold the key so drive while holding the key..... That seems rather inconvenient lol
Thats why I said its a good method to use if you want esp off for a brief period, like when you get stuck. I see no reason why you would want it off all the time.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by devile
duct tape will help with inconvenience... LOL

LMAO!!!!! not that i want duct tape residue on my new column lol

Originally Posted by tombogue09
Thats why I said its a good method to use if you want esp off for a brief period, like when you get stuck. I see no reason why you would want it off all the time.

lol i dunno i guess these rams are a little more hightech than what im use to

Old 11-24-2010, 03:31 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Originally Posted by jayman84
How can we disable the esp completely while in 2wd. I have tried talking to my dealer to see if they can do it through the starscan and no one will even look to see if it is an option. I have a 4wd truck and i want to be able to turn it off 100% when in 2wd and all i can find is to pull a wheel sensor and then lose abs and that is not an option. Any help would be awesome.

Should of gone with the Diablo tuner, it can overide the ESP 100% under modifiy tunes menu. Otherwise, (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it's fuse 17 will disable the ESP as well. I can't remember for sure, but I believe #17 was the one I pulled before running the dyno last spring (been awhile), had issues in second gear start with ESP abled.

Quick Reply: esp question for the guru's