4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lack of floor heat

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:07 PM
newmexicoram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man. I thought the same last week. It seemed like there was very little floor heat.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:51 PM
lil_jo_25
Rookie

I thought the same thing was wrong with my truck today. When I reached my hand near the gas pedal, I actually felt the heat blasting. You guys having this issue, try placing your hand right where the gas pedal is and see if you can feel it blowing. I will admit it doesn't feel the same since the HVAC recall but it is blowing...

Old 12-22-2010, 10:41 AM
HEMI5150
Veteran

Originally Posted by rervf23
This is the exact reason that I will not bring my truck in for the same recall. It is working fine and I am afraid that if they fool with it, I will then start to have problems.
If it isn`t BROKE, dont fix it.....BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...!!!!!
I can certainly agree with you 200% rervf23, but if you get into an accident and the recall had somethin to do with it, you`re sh_t outta luck my friend, especially if they can prove it was the cause and you knew about it. These stealership`s today are terrible. Good tech`s have seem to gone onto better jobs today due to the low pay they use to get. Its no wonder why we have wanna-be mechanics trying to act like techs. They cant ever fix anything right the first time anymore. Not to mention, vehicles are MUCH easier to diagnois today with all the "plug in technology"

All in all budd, i feel for you, i`m the same way. I hate the thought of thinkin i will have to go back to the dealer from time to time, and NOT by MY choice either. Luckly, i`ve been able to fix my own vehicles for many years, (30+ yrs behind me as a tech) so i can avoid the stealerships all together 99% of the time, BUTTTTTT, when i have to take it in for a recall or a warranty item, i stand right there to make sure they fix it right the first time. And i also go over it with the "moron monkies" before i drive away from the stealership. I dont give them one momments rest until i KNOW it works and was done by the book.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 PM
danno5069
Professional
Default Finally Fixed

Well after 3 visits to dealer heater finally blowing on floor, dealer basically replaced everything related to heater. Today they replaced HVAC box which required taken dash apart and draining ac. I'd hate to be given the bill if out of warranty.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:44 PM
05Dakotaho
Record Breaker

After the recall was completed on my truck, I also have defrost air blowing when the **** is set to floor only. I don't like it that way. Guess I'll take it in, or have a seamstress sew me up a sand bag to place on the defroster outlet.

Yes, it was Truck Of The Year but IMO the truck sucks in a lot of areas.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05Dakotaho

Yes, it was Truck Of The Year but IMO the truck sucks in a lot of areas.
09 was the first model year for the new makeover... What did you expect? A problem free redesign off the bat? Not one single company out there can do that on their first try.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM
05Dakotaho
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
09 was the first model year for the new makeover... What did you expect? A problem free redesign off the bat? Not one single company out there can do that on their first try.
Sorry to offend you. Glad you're happy with your truck.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05Dakotaho
Sorry to offend you. Glad you're happy with your truck.
You didn't offend me at all. Just offering my opinion. I'm rather blunt sometimes, I admit.

It's just that when any car maker rolls out a new model or a redesign of a model that they will always have issues with it. Dodge is not given an exemption in this case.

Quick Reply: Lack of floor heat