4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lack of floor heat

Old 12-19-2010, 12:34 PM
danno5069
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of floor heat

I have a 09 ram, had it in for hvac recall re-program, just noticed that when I have selector set to blow on floor, majority still blows to windshield, very little if any blowing on feet. Any suggestions? Cheers.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:35 PM
cpelton
Veteran

take it to the dealer? thats what warranty is for.
Maybe the recall was performed after the damage was done. I think all they do for the recall is a reprogram, and having dealt with these service guys before I wouldn't put it past them to not check to make sure everything works as per after.

Last edited by cpelton; 12-19-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:06 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine seems to do the same thing since the recall.

I know the recall was for the program cranking to tight on the blend doors and stripping geas. Now they seem like they may be to loose and allowing air to go places it should not. The whole issue was it could cause the blend door to not work, then your defrost could stop working and your widshield could fog up, causing a safty hazzard. I think they may have favored a little to far on the side of caution here.

My fan is going to need replaced, will ask them about it when I take it in. Maybe I will ask to compare to an 11 sitting on the lot.

Did they have to replace your gears or was it just a flash? They said they took my dash apart and did the gears.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 12-19-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Medic1
Professional

I've had the K17 recall done as well, and my floor heat works just fine. Most of the time I put it on windshield/floor just because the heat being put out is so good theres no need for it all to be directed at the floor. Get it into the dealer, the 4th Gen is the best vehicle I have ever had for airflow to the floor area when selected so if your not thinking theres enough heat down there, I would say theres definetly something wrong

Old 12-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine went in for the recall, but only had the flash done. Floor heat works perfectly for me... Perhaps they aren't getting the gears set back right or something?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:40 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danno5069
I have a 09 ram, had it in for hvac recall re-program, just noticed that when I have selector set to blow on floor, majority still blows to windshield, very little if any blowing on feet. Any suggestions? Cheers.
I have not had my 09 in for that recall and just this week my floor heat is going mostly to the windshield too. I hate to put the stock tune back on but looks like its time to take her in.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:03 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He he, news flash...I had the same problem with mine which turned out to be a small plastic quick shop bag that had gotten sucked up into the passenger side floor vent. Had it checked and it took the guy (poor kid, lol) two hours to find the problem. This was during the summer time and I watched this guy from inside the service lobby sitting in my truck sweating his *** off trying to diagnose the flash and resolve it. My dealer didn't charge me anything but warned that he would have to if it ever happened again so I gave the poor kid a Jackson lunch ticket for his efforts...it was well worth it! And guess what... it seems that it's doing the same thing again so I looked underneath it the other day, but I didn't see any stuck plastic bag or return air vent so I'm at a loss right now just like you, lol! It was too cold to mess with it at the time and had forgotten all about it, so I'll have to call the dealer for some assistance before checking again or bring mine in as well.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:18 PM
rervf23
Rookie

This is the exact reason that I will not bring my truck in for the same recall. It is working fine and I am afraid that if they fool with it, I will then start to have problems.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:40 PM
trashman139
Veteran

i haven't gone in yet either mine seems just fine the only problem i have is there is no heat/air getting to the crew part of the crew cab i froze out my wifes friend the other night we were nice and toasty up front she had to put her feet up on the center desk to warm her toes.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 PM
lasstss
Rookie

Havent had mine in for the recall yet but since new the heat to the floor is just OK. Its great out of the AC vents but just fair to the floor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lack of floor heat