4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Would these be reasonable deals...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
ratimux
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would these be reasonable deals...?

I am on the market for a new truck and have been looking at the 2011 and 2012 1500 Ram Trucks.
Here are two that I found, but wanted to get your opinion if my offers are reasonable or not:
- Option 1: 2011 1500 Ram SLT Big Horn (Sticker on it is $40,325) The dealer advertises $12,000 off the sticker without any negotiations.
My Offer 1: $28,000 included side steps, bed liner, and all weather mats

- Option 2: 2012 1500Ram SLT Big Horn with RamBox (Sticker on it is $38,880) The dealer gave me an internet discount of $8,880 before I even go see them in person.
My offer 2: $28,000 included side steps, bed liner and all weather mats

I would like to find out if my offers are too low or way high or just right considering it is the year end, economy is still not moving in the right direction and gas prices are slotted for above $4 next summer.

Let me know what ya'll think
Thanks

Old 12-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratimux
I am on the market for a new truck and have been looking at the 2011 and 2012 1500 Ram Trucks.
Here are two that I found, but wanted to get your opinion if my offers are reasonable or not:
- Option 1: 2011 1500 Ram SLT Big Horn (Sticker on it is $40,325) The dealer advertises $12,000 off the sticker without any negotiations.
My Offer 1: $28,000 included side steps, bed liner, and all weather mats

- Option 2: 2012 1500Ram SLT Big Horn with RamBox (Sticker on it is $38,880) The dealer gave me an internet discount of $8,880 before I even go see them in person.
My offer 2: $28,000 included side steps, bed liner and all weather mats

I would like to find out if my offers are too low or way high or just right considering it is the year end, economy is still not moving in the right direction and gas prices are slotted for above $4 next summer.

Let me know what ya'll think
Thanks
I don't know too much about prices, because I get the air canada deal so I walk away with a better price then the guys selling the trucks can! HAHA.

But I noticed that the 2012 ram has the rambox. Is that something that you want? Because you loose 1 foot of box space on either side. You can fit a sheet of plywood on there and not much more...

Also you would have to tell us what the interior options are. If they are 4x4 or not. I will give you a few pieces of advice if you have not got it already. Spend the extra bucks on an anti slip diff, best thing you will ever do, whether you have a 4x4 or not it doesn't matter, just get it. If you plan on towing 3.92 gears. If you are thinking 4x4 see if you can get the auto 4x4 option, its nice to be able to throw it in 4 auto if 4x4 is too much and 2x2 is not enough. Not to mention its easier on your tires when your just unsure of the roads. I do believe with this function is 4 wheel ABS, much better to have anti skid on both your drive and your steering, vs just on your drive wheels. (It could be standard now on all new trucks, but I am just unsure of it on the SLTs)

Old 12-01-2011, 11:45 PM
ratimux
Rookie

Thanks for writing back - All your questions are vaslid and I knew they were coming but got lazy when first wrote the post.

You are 110% right about limited slip and 3.92 gears. My previous 4th gen ram had the 3.5gears and I hated the slow acceleration. I am trying to stay away from 4x4 as I live in Atlanta, GA and barely see any snow. My 2009 Ram had it and I used it once...

Option 1: Has the following specs and options (Premium Cloth seats, Tech package, 3.92, Anti-Spin rear axle, Media Center 430N, the clad wheels, power adj pedals, rear view camera, tow hooks, and trailer brake control)

Option 2: Has the following specs and options (Premium Cloth seats, 3.92, Anti-Spin rear axle, Media center 430, clad wheels, rear view camera, tow hitch, ram boxes)

As gar as the Ramboxes, I had them before and i really like them (love them) dont do much hauling. The truck will be mostly city truck and commuter. One thing I noticed is that Ramboxes never really got popular due to their high price and it may actually hurt the resell value of the truck down the road.

Originally Posted by Nate769
I don't know too much about prices, because I get the air canada deal so I walk away with a better price then the guys selling the trucks can! HAHA.

But I noticed that the 2012 ram has the rambox. Is that something that you want? Because you loose 1 foot of box space on either side. You can fit a sheet of plywood on there and not much more...

Also you would have to tell us what the interior options are. If they are 4x4 or not. I will give you a few pieces of advice if you have not got it already. Spend the extra bucks on an anti slip diff, best thing you will ever do, whether you have a 4x4 or not it doesn't matter, just get it. If you plan on towing 3.92 gears. If you are thinking 4x4 see if you can get the auto 4x4 option, its nice to be able to throw it in 4 auto if 4x4 is too much and 2x2 is not enough. Not to mention its easier on your tires when your just unsure of the roads. I do believe with this function is 4 wheel ABS, much better to have anti skid on both your drive and your steering, vs just on your drive wheels. (It could be standard now on all new trucks, but I am just unsure of it on the SLTs)

Old 12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by ratimux
Thanks for writing back - All your questions are vaslid and I knew they were coming but got lazy when first wrote the post.

You are 110% right about limited slip and 3.92 gears. My previous 4th gen ram had the 3.5gears and I hated the slow acceleration. I am trying to stay away from 4x4 as I live in Atlanta, GA and barely see any snow. My 2009 Ram had it and I used it once...

Option 1: Has the following specs and options (Premium Cloth seats, Tech package, 3.92, Anti-Spin rear axle, Media Center 430N, the clad wheels, power adj pedals, rear view camera, tow hooks, and trailer brake control)

Option 2: Has the following specs and options (Premium Cloth seats, 3.92, Anti-Spin rear axle, Media center 430, clad wheels, rear view camera, tow hitch, ram boxes)

As gar as the Ramboxes, I had them before and i really like them (love them) dont do much hauling. The truck will be mostly city truck and commuter. One thing I noticed is that Ramboxes never really got popular due to their high price and it may actually hurt the resell value of the truck down the road.
Sounds like they are pretty close, they just differ in years and a few options. Someone else should be by to tell you your actual prices.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
ratimux
Rookie

Yeah - i just want to know if I am asking too much from the dealers

Old 12-02-2011, 03:59 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

those are 2008 prices before everything went to hell. so those are great prices! my dad paid about the same for his truck back in 2008 for a big horn with about the same sticker. keep in mind that is long before everything went to hell, back when gas wasnt $3, back when a regular cab was still in the teens, back when a dollar cheeseburger was a damn dollar.

seriously, those are some good prices.

personally, I would go option 1, the ram box is the dumbest thing ever. I thought it was cool until I saw how much of the bed it took up, you lose your entire bed.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:52 PM
72combo
Champion

Wait for the 2013 I read it will have the 8 speed tranny

Old 12-02-2011, 07:54 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 72combo
Wait for the 2013 I read it will have the 8 speed tranny
holy $h!t! seriously?? or is that just some heard it through the grapevine? because its about time they started throwing more gear in cars. when I can buy a tremec 6-speed for $2800 through the mail order, they should be able to throw em in new cars for an extra grand no problem.

but the more I think about your pricing, the 2013's will be coming out this summer, sometimes they even show up late spring, so they might still be able to knock some off the price

Old 12-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by mdram43
holy $h!t! seriously?? or is that just some heard it through the grapevine? because its about time they started throwing more gear in cars. when I can buy a tremec 6-speed for $2800 through the mail order, they should be able to throw em in new cars for an extra grand no problem.

but the more I think about your pricing, the 2013's will be coming out this summer, sometimes they even show up late spring, so they might still be able to knock some off the price
I heard that too...I did some quick google searches and it appears that yes its only for the car industry...they are looking into a 9 speed auto for 2014...crazy! I think it might be a few years before we see an 8 in the trucks. Haha

Quick Reply: Would these be reasonable deals...?