4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tire pressure sensor

Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
denis1227
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure sensor

Guys,

Ihave a 2009 1500 4x4 and I replaced tires and rims. I did not put in sensors in the new rims. Is there any possible way to turn off the low tire indicator without buying new sensors.

I thought about taking off the clear instrament pannel and put a piece of black tape over it. If I do that, do the 3 screws under the dash on the drivers side (they are the 3 in the center of the dash if you were looking at the speed and tach ) allow me to get to the instraments.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Gary C.
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a silly question but why wouldn't you put sensors in the new rims? Seems a lot easier than any of the options you have dealing with the alarm...

Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Sounds dumb, TPMS sensors would have cost about $100 for the set. Even if you put tape over the tire pressure light the Evic is going to give you the warning every time you start the truck and will show a message in the messages list.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:28 PM
denis1227
Rookie

Im tired of the truck. It has major troubles after puting in a leveling kit. CV's bad, upper and lower ball joints,( and you cannot just replace the ball joint) have to replace both upper and lower control arms. This is my 5th dodge, and it has always been something. I am going to trade it in on a super duty F250, and i want to cover the light. Probably not the right thing to do, but they will try to screw me somehow or another, and i dont want to put any more into the truck b4 I dump it.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:44 AM
jball
Professional

They are a serviceable ball joint. Moog uppers are $45 each, unsure of the lowers cost. Sensors are $36 each w/ rubber valve stem from the dealership.

95% of the spacer kits out there overextend the upper balljoint and the CV's lobe near full droop. It's not the trucks fault those things went bad, rather lack of a well designed spacer kit that address the issues.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:05 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by jball
They are a serviceable ball joint. Moog uppers are $45 each, unsure of the lowers cost. Sensors are $36 each w/ rubber valve stem from the dealership.

95% of the spacer kits out there overextend the upper balljoint and the CV's lobe near full droop. It's not the trucks fault those things went bad, rather lack of a well designed spacer kit that address the issues.
On the 4x4 it appears that only the upper balljoint can be replaced, the lower appears to be part of the a-arm. On the 2wd both upper and lower can be replaced. (According to the factory service manual)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire pressure sensor