WARNING: On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, seat belt tensioner, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and personal or fatal injury .
1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the steering column opening cover (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/COVER, Steering Column Opening - Removal)
3. Remove the steering column as necessary(Refer to 19 - Steering/Column - Removal) .
4. Remove the Wireless Ignition Node from the vehicle.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/Electronic Control Modules/RECEIVER, Wireless Ignition Node - Removal)
5. Remove the floor console, if equipped (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/CONSOLE, Floor - Removal) .
6. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent remove the Lower Center Bezel.
NOTE: Right side shown left side similar.
7. Remove the left and right A-pillar trim (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, A-Pillar Trim - Removal) .
8. Remove the Defroster Grille
9. Remove fence line bolt access covers.
10. Remove fence line bolts.
11. Remove the instrument panel center bezel. (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/BEZEL, Instrument Panel - Removal)
12. Remove the Radio. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/RADIO - Removal)
13. Remove right and left power outlets and bezels.
14. Remove the instument panel cluster bezel.(Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/BEZEL, Instrument Cluster - Removal)
15. Remove the instrument cluster. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8J - Instrument Cluster/Instrument Cluster - Removal)
16. Remove the parking brake Lever bezel.(Refer to 05 - Brakes/Parking Brake/HANDLE, Parking Brake Release - Removal)
17. Remove the headlamp switch / left distruibution register.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8L - Lamps and Lighting/Lamps/Lighting - Exterior/SWITCH, Headlamp - Removal)
18. Remove the left and right instrument panel speakers.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/SPEAKER - Removal)
19. Remove the center Instrument panel speaker and sun sensor.(Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/SPEAKER - Removal)
20. Remove the right distribution register.(Refer to 24 - Heating and Air Conditioning/Distribution/OUTLET, Air - Removal)
21. Remove the glove box (2) from the instrument panel (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/GLOVE BOX, Instrument Panel - Removal) .
22. Remove the instrument panel storage bin. (2) (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/BIN, Instrument Panel - Removal)
23. Remove the passenger air bag (1) .(Refer to 10 - Restraints/AIR BAG, Passenger - Removal)
24. Remove the 23 instrument panel cover fastners.
25. Partial remove the instrument panel cover to access and disconnect the PAB harness.
26. Remove the instrument panel cover from the vehicle.