4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aftermarket Double Din Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:24 PM
ramruner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on the antenna adaptor

I received a replacement antenna lead adaptor for my radio upgrade yesterday. I removed the original one supplied by Crutchfield and installed the new one sent to me by them and it fit like a glove, clipping in and locking into the original factory antenna. Go figure! maybe i just had an antenna with a defective black clip on it.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:35 PM
roberttheall
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil_jo_25
Hello fellas/ladies,

I was wondering for those of you who have swapped your factory decks to an aftermarket, was there any cutting or modifications required with the install? I looked through some of the treads and read that some indivduals cut and other didn't. I just bought a Kenwood DNX8120 deck with Navigation, Bluetooth, and all that jazz. It’s going in my 2010 Ram and I just wanted a heads up on what to expect when the install time comes. Also, how difficult was it to install SWI-Jack to keep the factory steering wheel controls? Thanks guys for the time and responses.
the reason some cut and others did not is because not all aftermarket Head Units are the same size, The cutting is not that dificult. I installed a Pioneer Avic z120bt, and it required cutting. but it was worth the modification. even though I cut the OEM HU can still be reinstalled if I sold the truck or something.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Double Din Install