4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering Wheel Sliced

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 10:35 AM
mproc18
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Sliced

Hi - I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport. I came out to my truck this am to find a slice right through my air bag cover. It certainly was not there yesterday, as it definitely would have gotten noticed. I live in CT so the weather has been pretty cold, however not that cold. The wheel never had even a small crack in it, as I would have noticed that. I also thought maybe I hit my horn and it cracked, however, I can't remember the last time I used my horn and when I tested it today, the entire cover pushed down at once and not just the inside section. It does look like there is some kind of a seam where it cracked.

Does anyone know of any common issues with this? I tried googling and didn't find any results. Hoping that the dealership will look at this as a safety issue and replace.

Picture attached

Attached Thumbnails Steering Wheel Sliced-img_1757.jpg