4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Navigation question (2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie)

Old 08-19-2011, 11:16 PM
SomeHotPhototaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Navigation question (2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie)

Not sure where to put this sorry if I didn't put this question in the right area sorry first timer on the forum. My question is this..My father just recently bought a 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie from the local Dodge dealership and he did noticed on some of the newer Laramie trucks have newer navigation maps then his does. He navigation has the 2009 - 2010 maps is there a way for me or him to get a 2011 Navigation map DVD from some where maybe the dealorship or a website that deals with that? I believe we have the Media Center 430 RBZ.

http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/quality/rbz/

Thanks Jamie

Last edited by SomeHotPhototaker; 08-19-2011 at 11:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Harlem1der (10-25-2023)
Old 08-20-2011, 01:59 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RamThisUSMC
Not sure where to put this sorry if I didn't put this question in the right area sorry first timer on the forum.
Welcome to DF!

Right there at the top of all the threads/posts is a thread you should read:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...s-section.html

As Spider Man in the popular series "Family Guy" states, "everybody gets one." I will move your thread to the 4th gen Ram section (2009+ Dodge Rams).

Old 08-20-2011, 09:11 AM
SomeHotPhototaker

Thank you for moving my thread to the right place. And thank you for the welcome to the site. Great site.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Shreve T
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i'm not mistaken the 2009-2010 uses Navteq where's the 2011 use's Garman.. I don't think you can update maps from 2011 to 2009-2010..

Old 08-23-2011, 10:00 AM
SomeHotPhototaker

Originally Posted by Shreve T
If i'm not mistaken the 2009-2010 uses Navteq where's the 2011 use's Garman.. I don't think you can update maps from 2011 to 2009-2010..
I spoke with the local Dodge dealership parts department/service the manager of that area claims that you can update to the newer maps if my Garmin supports it. He claims there is no updates out yet for the Navigation system. So hopefully there is an update coming out soon.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:48 PM
SomeHotPhototaker

From what we understand it from Navteq there is a new navigation software update that out now as of a week ago for the RHB navigation radios here's the link and also has anyone had hand's on experience with this update? I can't find any reviews of it anywhere.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...HideCrumb=true

Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 PM
David Strom

2011 use navtec as well they are telling every one that it is a garmin but it is not. Just spent 2 days trying to get my 2011 nav updated or some kind of satisfaction from dodge because it is not at all current and was give in the run around. The dealer told me to contact chrysler, chrysler told me to contact garmin, garmin told me its not there system that its navtecs, and navtec tells me its theres but cant be updated for 18 months and then there is a fee for it. When I purchased the truck (2011, 3500, Ram Diesel) I was told it had a garmin nav system but it was a lie. Chrysler wont do anything about it and told me to resolve it with the dealer. Navtec is the supplier of map info for garmin as well and garmin has way more current mapping info. I think dodge nav system is JUNK

Old 09-07-2011, 02:49 PM
WNDERR
Veteran

Navtec supplies the map data for our Garmin GPS on the 11s. They also supply the map data for MANY other GPS systems.

Garmin builds the GPS in my truck, and it is loaded with Navtec data.

That's how it works - they are Garmin machines, and use Navtec data - always have!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:15 PM
David Strom

There not Garmin I talked with Garmin today and they are not Garmin they are not even close to having as much info as even a cheap Garmin. If you go to your menu and check you will find that it list the system you have, and it will not be Garmin, but you are right that Navtec supply's Garmin. This second rate system that Dodge put in the 2011 model trucks (WITH NO SUPPORT) is a over priced piece of you no what, in my opinion.Maybe in some major centers they might be ok, but certainly missing a lot of roads, and towns in Canada.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 AM
WNDERR
Veteran

Garmin
Dell
HP
Magellan
JVC
Navigon
Nextar

Navteq does NOT make GPS Units --- Listed above are some of the manufacturers they supply data for. Navteq is a mapping company. They supply the data.

From the Navteq website "Creating the Foundation for a Location-Enabled World
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data (digital location content) enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. NAVTEQ supplies comprehensive digital location content to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. By revolutionizing the way people think about and interact with maps, we foresee a world in which everyone finds their way to people, places and opportunities more easily and safely than before..

Someone is pulling your leg - the GPS in the new Dodges is GARMIN.

Last edited by WNDERR; 09-08-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: clarification

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation question (2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie)