4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

S&B Filter - Unboxing and Install video

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 11:27 PM
Pylonflyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&B Filter - Unboxing and Install video

Hi, Long time lurker and have gained a lot of valuable info from here over my last 2 Dodge/Ram 1500 trucks. This is my first time adding a new intake to a truck so you can say this is from a newbie's perspective. My last truck was an '03 4.7 liter 1500 and it was too gutless to justify performance hop ups. So getting my '12 5.7 Hemi Big Horn 2WD I wanted to go for it. I do tow a trailer so any HP gains and extra throttle response is handy. SO after a bunch of research here and on the web, I went with the S&B intake system. Here is my video I put together showing the install and kit contents. I would say it took me about 2 hours to install but honestly I could have done it in 1-1.5 hours if I didn't spend so much time looking for the right sockets and tools

Hope this helps others out if they are curious about doing this. I can honestly say I notice a slightly quicker low end throttle response and the "growl" everyone talked about is pretty cool, too.

Stay tuned for my Driving review once installed (still editing) and eventually adding Magnaflow exhaust.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Pylonflyer

Here is my Part 2 video driving with the S&B Filter air intake kit. The GoPro audio pick-up is so-so but it gets the job done. Might try it on the exterior next to see if there is any difference. Time to order up my exhaust...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s0RoqlrccyE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 04-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like Lake Forrest/Irvine area. Nice video.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Pylonflyer

Yes-sir, that's it. Thanks! My exhaust should be arriving from the magic brown truck in the next couple days so will have something to do over the weekend.

Last edited by Pylonflyer; 04-12-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:14 AM
Rjthomas49

How do you like the S&B intake was thinking about getting that one myself. Putting a flow master catback exhaust on shortly so want to upgrade the intake also. I have used K&N before but I think they are over credited.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:20 PM
Pylonflyer

So far I like it a lot. I like the fact it is a sealed box and pulls cold air from the stock port instead of the hot engine bay. All of the reviews I read from guys who used K&N prior were all very impressed with the S&B and won't go back.

I just installed my Magnaflow exhaust today from Mufflex DOD18M http://www.mufflex-performance.com/d...ggressive.html

It's given my truck a serious rumble. I'll be finishing taking video tomorrow and edit this week. Thanks and stay tuned.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:25 AM
gerry92
Professional

S&B intake is also getting popular here, looks good on your installation.

Quick Reply: S&B Filter - Unboxing and Install video