4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door Sill Clear Coat

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:02 PM
wellstep
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door Sill Clear Coat

So I noticed what looked like a spot that I may had worn throught a spot in the clear cote the lower door sill below the plastic. So I tried to find some door sill protectors that go over the painted part but no luck so I got some door sill protective tape. Well went to put it on today and pulled on a section gently to read adjust it and it pulled all the clear cote right off the sill so I thne looked at the back door (Crew cab) and that looks like it is starting to peel as well however it almost looks like there was an extra layer of clear coat on the sills really weird no sign of issues anywhere else or on either of the passanger sills. Anyone have similar or know of issues? Also anyone know of good sill protectors I wanted the Auto Vent shade ones but they don't make them for our trucks. The Mopar ones cover the plastic not the paint from the pictures which is really useless.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 AM
LU229
Banned

3M clear protective tape is about all ther is, and thats better than nothing at all.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:07 AM
huntergreen
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scuff it up and paint over with bed liner.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 AM
RAMULAK
Captain

Yep. When they sprayed the bed in my 3rd gen I had them do the door sills. You could also try some of the Herculiner.....but it will be black.

Quick Reply: Door Sill Clear Coat