4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

** Uconnect problems **

Old 08-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Darkside 700
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Xsdbs, I haven't been driving the van for the last couple of days.
I will post my results once I try it out.
Thanks

Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Darkside 700
Amateur

Xsdbs
Just an update. I finally got a chance to try out the phone after a reset and it seems to be working as it should.
Thank you for your help,with this issue.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're welcome and that's great news. Thanks for letting me know.

Originally Posted by Darkside 700
Xsdbs
Just an update. I finally got a chance to try out the phone after a reset and it seems to be working as it should.
Thank you for your help,with this issue.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Vasheir
Question

If this is considered off topic/hijacking, please forgive me and ignore.

Does Uconnect allow the radio to bluetooth music from an iPhone? I hate having cables flopping around and I can't figure out how it can bluetooth calls but not music.

If not, in a 2010 1500 TRX 2wd, what specs do I need to have in mind for a new radio for it to be campatible with my truck?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by thiggins
Sorry, but I've found Uconnect to be very unreliable and cantankerous.
Been using for years, since like 2005 in my 72 chevy pickup. A lot of times it's the phone, cheap phones give you what you paid for. But actual Uconnect in 2008 Avenger and then 2009 Ram with nav and it worked great. My 2012 300 it works flawless, be sure your address book names are simple and easy to say
If you live are in an area with a lot of hydro wires or radio towers seems to cause problems, I think whoever it was having the issue needs to see the dealer, gonna have to get someone to take it in for you. My dealer would pick mine up, even a dealer that I had that was like 40 mile away even for an oil change they would come get my car leave a car for me and either I could pick it up or they bring it back but then I thought that is expensive for an oil change and 80 miles on everything....so enough of that.
I bet they have an update for you.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM
xsdbs
Captain

In a 2010 vehicle, streaming audio is not supported. It became available in 2011. You could simply install a newer updated Uconnect module kit for about $225 instead of changing out the radio. This would be simple and take about an hr and need no reflashing.

Originally Posted by Vasheir
If this is considered off topic/hijacking, please forgive me and ignore.

Does Uconnect allow the radio to bluetooth music from an iPhone? I hate having cables flopping around and I can't figure out how it can bluetooth calls but not music.

If not, in a 2010 1500 TRX 2wd, what specs do I need to have in mind for a new radio for it to be campatible with my truck?

Old 10-22-2012, 09:25 PM
HEMI TRX4

XSDBS, i had the same ? about streaming audio. So if i purchase an updated Uconnect module kit will it be able to stream audio from apps like pandora? Also would it allow me to use voice commands to call upon specific song titles or artists that are in my iphone 4s or from my radios HDD?? I believe i have the RBZ model touchscreen.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Let me explain what you'll have with the switching to the newer parts:
1) Yes, you'll be able to stream audio from your phone, touch iPods, or other media device that can pair up to the Uconnect system.
2) You will be able to stream from audio apps also, such as Pandora, iHeart radio, Slacker radio etc.
3) In Streaming audio mode the calling out of artist, album etc is not supported. The only supported features in streaming audio mode is next track, previous track, play & pause. (this is true on the newer radios as well as yours).
4) You'll be able to plug in an iPhone / iPod, thumb drive etc and use voice commands to change tracks, artists, albums genre etc.
5) I'm pretty sure that the only options for the HD voice commands are, next track, previous track, track #. This is because the HD stored media isn't downloaded to the Uconnect module.
6) Better voice recognition for commands
7) MAP for texting (if the phone supports MAP according to the BTSIG specs, some phone work correctly and some don't)

Originally Posted by HEMI TRX4
XSDBS, i had the same ? about streaming audio. So if i purchase an updated Uconnect module kit will it be able to stream audio from apps like pandora? Also would it allow me to use voice commands to call upon specific song titles or artists that are in my iphone 4s or from my radios HDD?? I believe i have the RBZ model touchscreen.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 PM
HEMI TRX4

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Let me explain what you'll have with the switching to the newer parts:
1) Yes, you'll be able to stream audio from your phone, touch iPods, or other media device that can pair up to the Uconnect system.
2) You will be able to stream from audio apps also, such as Pandora, iHeart radio, Slacker radio etc.
3) In Streaming audio mode the calling out of artist, album etc is not supported. The only supported features in streaming audio mode is next track, previous track, play & pause. (this is true on the newer radios as well as yours).
4) You'll be able to plug in an iPhone / iPod, thumb drive etc and use voice commands to change tracks, artists, albums genre etc.
5) I'm pretty sure that the only options for the HD voice commands are, next track, previous track, track #. This is because the HD stored media isn't downloaded to the Uconnect module.
6) Better voice recognition for commands
7) MAP for texting (if the phone supports MAP according to the BTSIG specs, some phone work correctly and some don't)
sounds good, worth the $200 instead of buying a whole new after market radio. thanks

Old 10-29-2012, 12:28 AM
OFFK

2012 Mega Cab Dually 430N
Motorola Droid 4

When I purchased the car, pairing went fine and I could VR anyone in my phone contacts list and had control of my call data so I could "redial" if need be. It worked flawlessly. I was quite impressed!

120 miles after I left the dealership, a deer ran into the left side and wiped out everything short of the front fender. When I pulled over to phone insurance I didn't use VR and used the phone handset itself. Ever since this event I can't get Uconnect to upload contact information. I've deleted the pairing and then repaired them repeatedly without improvement. If I say "Dial Outdoor Kitty" She will ask me if I want to Dial "3790#" or something strange like this. If I offer a discrete phone number it will dial out normally.

The car wreck itself doesn't have anything to do with my problem. I'm associating my usage of using the handset dialpad in lieu of the VR as to a potential root event.

I tried to upload the contact list to the HDD to house them permanently in the 430N but it comes up with fault. I can't recall what it claims as it's been a while since I tried.

I called the Uconnect hotline and they said the 430N isn't compatable with the Motorola Droid 4. It sure seemed like it was for the first few hours of car ownership. Is this true/false?

When I use a discrete phone number to dial out or when a call comes in, the nicknames on my contact list then show up on the 430N, so why is it having trouble when I use VR to dial out?

I've downloaded this link and have a USB drive ready to go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g31sjt4ca0o72s9

Will this repair what is going wrong?

One other nit. The 430N doesn't reliably acknowledge my iPod. Often times I have to recycle the USB plug assy to get it to read.

Thanks in advance

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ** Uconnect problems **