4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Scat pak

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 01:45 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rayne
Defintitely a dealer package. My dealer had a "Spy" edition ram on their lot when I bought my truck. It simply had aftermarket lift, tires/wheels and a few decals thrown on it and market up by about $8000. LOL
Same **** going on here. They call it the "RockyMoutain Package"
They put together a few different ones at the dealership, add`s $5,000 to the starting package, and go up to $10,000 added to the price of the truck. Then you end up with a $60,000 dollar useless truck. I suppose it could be a nice yard ornament to mow around. Too bad some of these dealers that are adding all this candy to these trucks couldnt put more effort into actually fixing them correctly and spending less time into trying to attract more customers by deception.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:42 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by War Horse
It's a dealer package. Don't be upset though, if you like the logos and if they did other things to the truck, then it's a win in my book. After all, Yenko and Baldwin Motion were Chevy dealer options and look how nuts people go for those today. The main thing is your truck is a RAM, so that all in it's own it cool.
It's been a while since I've heard someone mention a Yenko. Yeah, I definitely agree but Yenko built some of the baddest BB's on the planet. Not to discourage blitzpit, you're comparing apples to oranges. I would have to compare a Yenko to todays 1320 Challenger Concept. Other than that a Boss 429 or Hurst Hemi Cuda of the same erra. But you are right, you could prolly get a half million for either one of these cars today if you happen to be a lucky owner of any.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:31 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yenko and Baldwin motion had a lot more then a DECAL and a louder muffler. Yenko also had a SMALL block NOVA which is very very rare.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:45 PM
danmop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General info on Scat Packs

I know Im a little late on this subject since it was last talked about in 2012! However I've been doing little performance improvements for my Ram and had a good interest in these Scat Packs. Unfortunantly, Scat Packs are for the cars only (namely the Challenger, Charger, & Dart), NOT the trucks.

Kinda sucks since I wanted the performance upgrades without having to do all this research on which parts would work. Hopefully Dodge will make some packages in the future for the trucks. Packs come in 3 incrimental upgrades, must start with pack 1 before 2, 2 before 3. I copied a sample list for the challenger of whats in each pack

SCAT PACK 1 5.7-liter
•“Optimized” engine calibration – tailored to Scat Pack 1
•Mopar cold air intake
•Mopar cat-back exhaust
•Scat Pack 1 badge

SCAT PACK 2 5.7-liter
•Adds:
•“Optimized” engine calibration – tailored to Scat Pack 2
•Mopar performance camshaft
•Scat Pack 2 badge

SCAT PACK 3 5.7-liter
•Adds: