4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Huge 2009-2010 Dodge Ram Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mike2810
Thanks.
Always like your contribution to the forum.

Thank you. I hope it helps.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 TRX4
x2 to DodgeCares it is nice we have an expert. I think DodgeCares is right that they have not loaded the vin's yet, I went to MOPAR and entered mine but no results. My build date is 10/09 so I think I am one of the recalled. Buy a stroke of luck I went to my dealer today for an oil change/tire rotation and the service advisor out of the blue mentioned to me they know about the recall he thinks my truck is affected & they will be getting parts. I thought it was nice they mentioned it, I was not going to say anything until I recieved confirmation. I have a great dealer, respected in the community.

Chrysler sends out what is called an advance field notice to the dealers to alert them that a recall is coming, that is how the dealers typically get their first notice. I checked again this morning and vins have still yet to be loaded. I will check again first thing Monday and post here when new information is available.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Tuck479
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Chrysler sends out what is called an advance field notice to the dealers to alert them that a recall is coming, that is how the dealers typically get their first notice. I checked again this morning and vins have still yet to be loaded. I will check again first thing Monday and post here when new information is available.
Thank you very much Chris!!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:39 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Well, they most likely decided to fix this with a Court Order issued by the NHTA....

prob not enough data to include your years, not until more accidents happen or they step up on their own.
You`re probably right, on BOTH comments.

I do have chrysler FINALLY involved with mine now... (after far too many trips to the dealer with complaints of gear whine) they want ME to pay the dealer to dump out the fluid in the rear diff, refill it, add the friction modifier, just to see if this fix`s the whine... ummmmmm, heres a NEWS BLIP, new gear oil and additive is NOT going to eliminate the whine...DUH...! And second of all, they`re telling me they are going to add friction modifier for an open gear differential...??? roflmao...!!!! These people are dumber than i thought. So, after they do all this to my truck, and we jump in it and road test it, and it STILL whines, i`ll thank them for wasteing my time, my money, now rebuild or replace this fuggin rearend..! And they wonder why people become irritated with them.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LU229
I do have chrysler FINALLY involved with mine now... (after far too many trips to the dealer with complaints of gear whine) they want ME to pay the dealer to dump out the fluid in the rear diff, refill it, add the friction modifier, just to see if this fix`s the whine..
Not to hijack the thread but since the truck is still under warranty, tell them to fix it under their dime. If they won't, then take the truck to another 2 or 3 shops that specialize in rear ends and have them diagnose and get quotes for the repair. At this point give the dealer a last opportunity to fix the truck under warranty. Since they will refuse, have one of the shops fix it and then sue Chrysler in small claims court for the cost of the repair. The judge will see that you have several experts backing up your claim versus them and will award you the costs. You need to put an end to this pain, I know if I had to get pissed every time I drove my truck I'd want this over with yesterday.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:53 PM
BullyT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's important to note that Transport Canada has also issued a formal recall notice for some 2009 and 2010 Rams, along with some Dakotas....for the pinion nut issue.

Interestingly, the Transport Canada recall (#2012327) does not mention specific build dates. I went to the Dodge Canada website to check recalls based on my VIN and it redirected me to the US site. No recalls outstanding against my VIN.

In that no build dates are mentioned, I'm wondering if the Canadian recall is broader than the US recall. In Canada, 15,379 trucks are being recalled while the NHTSA recall in the US covers around 44,000 trucks. But the US market is much larger--10 times as many people as Canada.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:11 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pedro Dog
Not to hijack the thread but since the truck is still under warranty, tell them to fix it under their dime. If they won't, then take the truck to another 2 or 3 shops that specialize in rear ends and have them diagnose and get quotes for the repair. At this point give the dealer a last opportunity to fix the truck under warranty. Since they will refuse, have one of the shops fix it and then sue Chrysler in small claims court for the cost of the repair. The judge will see that you have several experts backing up your claim versus them and will award you the costs. You need to put an end to this pain, I know if I had to get pissed every time I drove my truck I'd want this over with yesterday.
So i went to the dealer today, they dumped my gear oil out, put their`s in it, added the friction modifier... (open gear w/friction modifier...uh duhhh)
does anybody wanna take a wild guess how the rear differential is doing now, after they wasted my time my oil my money for me...?

Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

blah blah, this just happens to be dodges kick at the recall button, next month the focus will be on Ford, Than toyota, GM ect, All you get with any brand of new truck is a nice paint job and the option for monthy payments, and as a extra perk, you get to play warenty lotto...

This is to give all the ford guys the warm fuzzys, than when Ford has a recall, all the dodge guys feel good and true to mopar, and the wheel gos round and round....

Fix it again tony verry well be the next catch phrase for dodge owners...

Quick Reply: Huge 2009-2010 Dodge Ram Recall