4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2013 Ram Radio's Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Kevinrhart123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting my sirus

I have a 2013 dodge 1500 w/a 3.0 uconnect radio. It appears to me I need an antenna for the xm radio to come through. Is this correct?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:05 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinrhart123
I have a 2013 dodge 1500 w/a 3.0 uconnect radio. It appears to me I need an antenna for the xm radio to come through. Is this correct?

If you have a RA1 radio, which is the 3.0, if you do not have Sirius radio now, an antenna will not help.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:41 AM
hattitude
Professional

Originally Posted by Kevinrhart123
Originally Posted by DodgeCares
If you have a RA1 radio, which is the 3.0, you do not have Sirius radio. An antenna will not help.

Um...... I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with the 3.0 Uconnect radio, it came with a free year of Sirius radio.

Are you saying he can't add it to his radio if it's not a factory install?

Old 05-14-2013, 10:58 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
Um...... I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with the 3.0 Uconnect radio, it came with a free year of Sirius radio.

Are you saying he can't add it to his radio if it's not a factory install?

Yes, I should have been more clear. I will edit my above post.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Umchemeng

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Yes, I should have been more clear. I will edit my above post.
I have a weird issue. I just bought a 2013 ram 1500 with 8.4an. I live in alaska and found that they deleted sirius and uconnect access. So, the dealer just told me, after purchase, that when I move back to lower 48, they can not add back in those features... It seems to me that it should be as simple as adding in an antenna for sirius, thoughts?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 PM
bigolyt

Quick update:

My dealer took my truck to a local shop, they installed the NAV-TV UCT-13 and a tailgate mounted cam, and all is great. Dealer paid for the install otherwise I'd be waiting for the Chrysler one... NAV-TV is kind of pricey for people paying out of pocket.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:43 PM
birddogenu

I am still confused to whether you can put an aftermarket Nav/radio in a 2013 express with the standard radio w/ sat. ? I plan on getting one if so. I do not want to trade already as I've only had this truck 4 months, and there are no more Copperheads around and it's not a color for 2014. I need some help with this please. Thanks in advance !

Old 10-05-2013, 08:30 PM
birddogenu

This is sad , and I'll tell you why... I bought a 2013 Express 4x2 with an RA3 SAT radio. I went to my dealer and asked if there was a way to put a NAV system in my truck. They said NO. I said well find me a Bighorn with the same color with a NAV system or find out the cost to put one in that one , and again, they said no. Finally I said well what about aftermarket. They again said NO !
Well guess what ! I kept my 4x2, and had a ROSEN NAV/SAT/CD installed in it the next day ! The lack of knowledge about your products #1... Cost you the sale of another vehicle, and #2... The tech dept.'s lack of knowledge of your product was very disturbing to say the least. Have we gotten so technical that we have no idea what we produce ? THIS ! is exactly WHY the foreign manufacturers are taking OUR market away from us. I love my truck. Best I have ever owned, not only from Dodge (of which I have owned 13 brand new vehicles since 1999) but of any on the market but Guys ! You have to know your stuff. It really makes you look bad ! and makes the buyers..... skeptical !

Old 10-06-2013, 02:29 PM
hattitude
Professional

Originally Posted by birddogenu
This is sad , and I'll tell you why... I bought a 2013 Express 4x2 with an RA3 SAT radio. I went to my dealer and asked if there was a way to put a NAV system in my truck. They said NO. I said well find me a Bighorn with the same color with a NAV system or find out the cost to put one in that one , and again, they said no. Finally I said well what about aftermarket. They again said NO !
Well guess what ! I kept my 4x2, and had a ROSEN NAV/SAT/CD installed in it the next day ! The lack of knowledge about your products #1... Cost you the sale of another vehicle, and #2... The tech dept.'s lack of knowledge of your product was very disturbing to say the least. Have we gotten so technical that we have no idea what we produce ? THIS ! is exactly WHY the foreign manufacturers are taking OUR market away from us. I love my truck. Best I have ever owned, not only from Dodge (of which I have owned 13 brand new vehicles since 1999) but of any on the market but Guys ! You have to know your stuff. It really makes you look bad ! and makes the buyers..... skeptical !

If you have the Uconnect 3.0 or Uconnect 5.0 radios, Axxess has an adapter harness to allow for the install of an aftermarket head unit. Metra has the dash kits.

I am waiting for the dealer to fix a gauge cluster issue on my truck. When they finally get around to figuring out how to fix it... I will install a Kenwood dbl din head unit with NAV & Bluetooth in my truck. I have the head unit , adapter harness, dash kit, & antenna adapter just sitting on my tool box.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:20 PM
ljinnc
Rookie

I just finished installing the Echo rear backup camera in my 2013 1500 SLT today with the uconnect 5.0 so now I just have to find a dealer to activate it. I tried getting where I bought the truck to activate it Friday but they wouldn't. Sure hope it works good. Took me about 3 hours as well.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ram Radio's Please Read