4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Chrome Door Handle Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 12:37 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrome Door Handle to Black (pics)

On a 15 Big Horn QC, is there an easy way to remove just the exterior chrome door handle cover and replace it with a plain black cover? If it's not possible to remove the cover, can the chrome itself be removed without damaging the paint in the process? I dislike too much chrome accent and I don't want to replace the entire door handle to accomplish this if at all possible. With gorilla sized hands getting them into a tiny area is a real pita.

Last edited by Pirata; 08-19-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

I think the only way you are going to accomplish it, is by bleeding all over it while you change the door handles......

The following users liked this post:
Pirata (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 07:53 AM
Pirata
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I think the only way you are going to accomplish it, is by bleeding all over it while you change the door handles......
Avoiding bloody knuckles would be my preference. After looking all afternoon I found some covers:
Amazon Amazon
I am going to get a set, see if they look like they'll work. If not I'll return them before installing them.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:35 PM
Pirata
Champion

I added the door handle covers this afternoon. Way way better than chrome. Now I need to hit the bumpers and the chrome clad wheels (yes, I have a set of black wheel covers on the horizon).

Before:

After:

Quick Reply: Chrome Door Handle Cover