4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory installed lift

Old 01-18-2013, 04:18 PM
gmb4fords
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory installed lift

Does anyone know if Dodge will install/sell a lift from the dealer?

A friend bought a z71 and had a lift installed at the dealership so that it would not void his warranty. Has anyone heard of dodge doing this?

This is the only thing holding me back from putting a lift on my new truck.
Thanks
Mike

Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM
cruzer55
Veteran

Yes they Do,Parts counter to order a special off road package and install.Dealer in Neb. did a few...

Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM
topgun
Captain

Mopar Performance sells them through the dealer. I believe they offer a leveling kit and 4" lift. Many people got them installed at the dealer just like you are asking about.

You'll have to decide if it is worth the cost of the dealer doing the work vs your self or the brand of your choice. The only part of the warranty they can void is something directly related to the lift. Such as your universal or ball joints, rear end pinion bearings, ect. If you had an electrical problem for instance, there is no way the lift caused the issue so they can not by law prevent warranty service on that part of the truck. Big tires though, bye bye warranty on your wheel bearings and ball joints.

If you have a preferred dealer, go and talk to them and ask some questions. Maybe they will work you a deal on the parts and install.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 PM
SeaMedic
Professional

Yes they do. I just purchased a 2012 Ram 1500 4WD with the above lift and leveling kit already installed. Got a good deal on the truck or I'd never have bought it, since they do add to the price of the truck.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

they cant void the warranty, only on parts replaced, if from another manufacturer.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 PM
gmb4fords
Veteran

I am more concerned with them saying power train failure was caused due to a lift of something of that sort. Would that be the case if it were a mopar part or dealer installed item?
I will probably go talk with the service manager and see what he says. If he states that their lift installed by them will in no way void any warranty, then I will probably take that route... If he will put it in writing.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

I bet it hinders warranty. There is wording in policies and procedures manual as well
l as I think notations that performance and off road accessories are excluded under vehicle warranty or such. Example. 'Dealer A sells you and installs a lift. You move. U Joint goes out or ball joint or spring squeak etc. You go to dealer B and he says angle of lift accelerated wear or such. Plus you have bigger tire/wheel to go with lift. Not covered. Now dealer A who sold lift too you might run it under power train warranty but really shouldn't.

Last edited by hounddogg; 01-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
RAMULAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah. It's called the Ram Runner......

http://www.mopar.com/mopar/ramrunner/

Old 01-20-2013, 03:28 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Cool. like all that stuff. I read the info. Nothing really answers your question about warranty other then the parts warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory installed lift