4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bunch of lights and and weird messages

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:31 PM
BigDDubb03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bunch of lights and and weird messages

I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 4x4 crew cab sport with about 51K miles. At about 15K miles, had a speed sensor replaced when cruise control stopped working and brake light error shown on EVIC. Just completed a 1K mile drive last week including some time driving on the beach (sand only) with no issues. I get in my truck this afternoon to take a 10 mile trip and no issues. I go still later this afternoon and as I pull out of the driveway, my speedometer goes to zero, temp gauge goes to L, E-brake light goes on, TPMS lights, wipers start going (do not respond to switch), Radio goes dark, dash illuminates, theft alarm light activates solid and door chime starts, flashers don't work, all lights on despite brightness of the afternoon. What was really peculiar was the EVIC flashed a message that the parking sensors needed to be cleaned. As I drive EVIC seems to indicate the computer is restarting so things go back to normal as I'm driving and then all symptoms reappear. Truck started normally with keyfob. What could cause all of these issues at one time?

Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 PM
maka
Amateur

Sounds like a trip to the dealer

Old 10-01-2013, 09:50 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDDubb03
I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 4x4 crew cab sport with about 51K miles. At about 15K miles, had a speed sensor replaced when cruise control stopped working and brake light error shown on EVIC. Just completed a 1K mile drive last week including some time driving on the beach (sand only) with no issues. I get in my truck this afternoon to take a 10 mile trip and no issues. I go still later this afternoon and as I pull out of the driveway, my speedometer goes to zero, temp gauge goes to L, E-brake light goes on, TPMS lights, wipers start going (do not respond to switch), Radio goes dark, dash illuminates, theft alarm light activates solid and door chime starts, flashers don't work, all lights on despite brightness of the afternoon. What was really peculiar was the EVIC flashed a message that the parking sensors needed to be cleaned. As I drive EVIC seems to indicate the computer is restarting so things go back to normal as I'm driving and then all symptoms reappear. Truck started normally with keyfob. What could cause all of these issues at one time?

BigDDubb03,

Welcome to the Dodge Forum.

I'd have to agree with Maka, you may want to contact a Dodge dealer to have the vehicle diagnosed. Sounds like it may be an electrical issue or you can inquire if there are any flashes available for your Ram.

If you have any questions or are seeking additional assistance please feel free to PM me.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:57 AM
ThisIsChallenging
Amateur

This happened on a truck I had a few years ago and the whole dash panel had to be pulled and recalibrated. Your pcm might also need to be reflashed. You could try to unhook the battery for a few minutes to see if it resets.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 PM
BigDDubb03
Default Latest status

Thank you all for your input. I did try a reset similar to what you have to do to reset your oil change indication notice and wonder of all wonders, that seemed to do the trick. I wonder if I didn't let the computer complete its boot up sequence when I had the lights issue? It's not happened since and I've gone another couple hundred miles. I'll keep in mind on my next visit to the dealer for maintenance if I don't see a reoccurrence and if it does happen again I'll go right in.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:00 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigDDubb03
Thank you all for your input. I did try a reset similar to what you have to do to reset your oil change indication notice and wonder of all wonders, that seemed to do the trick. I wonder if I didn't let the computer complete its boot up sequence when I had the lights issue? It's not happened since and I've gone another couple hundred miles. I'll keep in mind on my next visit to the dealer for maintenance if I don't see a reoccurrence and if it does happen again I'll go right in.
Might be worth trying... have you done a gauge recalibration yet...? You can do this without the dealers help.
Push in an hold the odometer reset button (located at right lower area of speedometer) while turning the ignition switch to the "RUN" position WITHOUT starting the truck. As soon as you turn it to the RUN postion, let off the odometer button... it will run through a series of tests on its own. This will recalibrate the gauges. You will see gauges and lights move and light up. You`ll know when its done calibrating, then just turn the key switch off and then start your truck to see if it helped. I`m not sure what else its doing when in CAL MODE, but worth a shot anyway.

Last edited by LU229; 10-08-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Bunch of lights and and weird messages