4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

kill switch to keep from starting

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 PM
one92rs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kill switch to keep from starting

ok. had one of our service trucks stolen. left driveway at 2:30am and found with tracker. 5:20 am. 5500. from welder, cab, and all tools. besides an alarm we are looking for intuitive kill switch to install in them. any ideas in which would work would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On one of my previous trucks (GMC) that was stolen twice. Yup twice, I crawled underneath and found the wires going to the fuel pump. I figured out the pump drive wire and cut it and tried to start the truck. The truck did not start and didn't throw any codes. I figured if it threw a code I would just connect it back up. I went to the store and bought a open/close switch and some wire and hooked up a kill switch. Probably will work on your trucks. Just make sure you cut the pump drive wire not the sensor wire. Depending on the year of your trucks, the wiring diagrams (color code) are available here on the DIY section.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:01 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by one92rs
ok. had one of our service trucks stolen. left driveway at 2:30am and found with tracker. 5:20 am. 5500. from welder, cab, and all tools. besides an alarm we are looking for intuitive kill switch to install in them. any ideas in which would work would be greatly appreciated.
How does it get stolen with no ignition key (????)

Quick Reply: kill switch to keep from starting