4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fab Fours bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 07:08 PM
jaflowers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fab Fours bumper

Since I had a very hard time finding any information on these bumpers I thought I'd post about them. I purchased the Black Steel Elite with grill guard. It has a pre-cut/configured area for the factory fog lights that you remove from your OEM bumper. The installation was pretty cut and dry and really took only about 2.5 hours including pulling the old bumper off. I have to say that this is an awesome bumper/guard combo and to me is worth every cent. I paid $1,283 including shipping. The only negative comment I can make is that the lower grill bar prevents mounting off-road lights in the normal places, I adapted and am happy. I do have a Rigid led bar coming to go under that lower bar. Here's a few pics to show what the bumper looks like mounted.

Attached Thumbnails Fab Fours bumper-nms_0025_zps51bc33da.jpg  
Old 03-30-2014, 07:09 PM
jaflowers
Professional
Old 03-30-2014, 07:10 PM
jaflowers
Professional
Old 03-31-2014, 09:46 AM
iskybantilus
Professional

very sharp looking!! are those cutouts accessing the factory tow hooks, or is there a different tow hook it uses? how heavy is it and does it seem to affect front of truck?

Old 03-31-2014, 01:47 PM
jaflowers
Professional

Originally Posted by iskybantilus
very sharp looking!! are those cutouts accessing the factory tow hooks, or is there a different tow hook it uses? how heavy is it and does it seem to affect front of truck?
The cutouts do NOT fit the factory tow hooks but Fab Fours sends you a new set of hooks that you install with the bumper.

The bumper was lifted by me and a friend into place with minimal effort, probably weighs roughly 150-175 pounds. All the metal seems heavy duty. I think most is 3/16 steel with some other thicknesses in places it needs more like the two front push bars and the mounting brackets. It's waaaayyyyy tougher than the factory one is.

Honestly I don't think it affects the front of the truck at all. If it does drop the front it's by less than a 1/2 inch. Feels fine when I drive it and doesn't cause the front to tuck when I brake.

Quick Reply: Fab Fours bumper