4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rain Sensing Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 PM
NMRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain Sensing Wipers

How do they work? How do you adjust them? I have read the owners manual, but this is the one feature I have not figured out. Will they work with a sprinkle / very light rain? I read that you adjust them by turning the left stick. When I turn the left stick two clicks past fully clockwise the wipers turn on with no rain. What am I missing?

Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 PM
stumblingthru

Just turn the wipers on to the first click...it's in the owners manual. They will work automatically after that. The beauty is they will speed up as rain intensity increases and decrease as well.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:20 PM
NMRam
Rookie

Thanks.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had them on a 2005 Grand Cherokee. They seemed to work OK, but it wasn't a 'must-have' feature, by any means. They were fairly sensitive if I recall correctly. Never a problem though. Certainly worked better than the auto high beam headlilghts the thing had. Those were always missing cars coming around curves in the road and I got flashed all the time.

Rob

Old 07-24-2013, 09:03 PM
NMRam
Rookie

I turned them on the first click and they seemed to work pretty well.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:04 PM
dwaldmann
Professional

Originally Posted by stumblingthru
Just turn the wipers on to the first click...it's in the owners manual.
Not in my owner's manual. In the index it shows Rain Sensing Wipers is on page 37. But on page 37 there is absolutely no information about the Rain Sensing option.

My wiper control looks identical to the one in the manual - a graduated stripe with about 5 levels of intermittent, then one position for continuous low and one for continuous high.

I've tried leaving it on the first intermittent setting, it's just slow intermittent (I didn't time it - maybe 30 seconds?) even when it's raining hard. This is while in motion; I know from other vehicles they don't work unless you're moving so I thought I'd mention that.

And yes, I do have the 26L Convenience Group, and the Auto Highbeam feature works and I have the Keyless Enter 'n Go. Just can't seem to figure out the Rain Sensing wipers.

EDIT:
In researching for ammo to prove my above points I discovered that the book that came with the truck is not the Owner's Manual. It's a User Guide. In the Owner's Manual (available only by download or DVD) on page 180-182 it describes how they work, along with a key point: You need to enable it in Uconnect / EVIC / DID.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:11 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You have to enable them in the EVIC menu or they will only operate as normal wiper functions.

Quick Reply: Rain Sensing Wipers