4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

UCONNECT problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:14 AM
NMRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am kind of hesitant to take it in to the dealer as I suspect it will be a replacement.

I would expect to take it in in the next week or two when I get my front shocks replaced.

It seems to be heat related now. On hot days it just does not power up.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:05 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NMRam
I am kind of hesitant to take it in to the dealer as I suspect it will be a replacement.

I would expect to take it in in the next week or two when I get my front shocks replaced.

It seems to be heat related now. On hot days it just does not power up.
Thanks for the follow-up. If you need help once you take it in, please DM me. - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Old 09-02-2016, 08:33 AM
NMRam
Rookie

The problem seems to be heat related. The unit does not power on when the car is hot inside. It will reset after left in the garage overnight. It only occurs on hot days.

Any ideas? I am taking it in today. However I don't think that I will purchase a replacement with so many problems.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:19 PM
NMRam
Rookie

I just got back from the dealer. The recommendation was just below $1000 for parts and labor for a new radio. This would have been the 3rd radio in 3 years. At 1K a year I will look at aftermarket solutions or see if I can still get it under warranty. The problem occurred before 36 months. Anyways I just don't think that the radio is reliable. If I replace it, how long before it goes out again? Another 12 months?

I have had two service advisors recommend that I go with an aftermarket solution. Any recommendations on brand?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:01 PM
NMRam
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Thanks for the follow-up. If you need help once you take it in, please DM me. - Kevin T, Social Connect Team
PM sent.

Quick Reply: UCONNECT problems