4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram Toolbox app

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 09:36 AM
topcop38
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Toolbox app

Has anyone used this? Is it worth it? I have a 2013 Ram with uconnect 3.0 (not sure if that matters) and a Samsung Galaxy S4. I installed the app several times and the site link says 'installed' but I can't find it on the phone anywhere.

What all will this app do? I do not have a remote starter yet but will be installing either an aftermarket or the dball. I already have one that was on my '07 Ram. I had the dealer remove it when I traded my old one in. I will either re-install that one or get the dball and sell the other one. I doubt the app will work with the aftermarket starters but either way I can't get the app to even show up on my phone.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can pretty much guarantee this app will not work with your aftermarket starter. Each different maker would have their own server that the phone would respond to. For example GMS on-star has their own, viper startsmart has their own. I have a Drone by compustar that would have their own. Each one of these systems has their own modem that connects via cell. Then transmits to that server. Unless you have a starter that actually has a modem in there, I doubt it would work.

As for the app itself, without the advantages of starting from anywhere, I don't see how it would be worth it to me...

Old 08-03-2013, 03:33 PM
topcop38
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that info.

Quick Reply: Ram Toolbox app