4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Uconnect Access missing

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 06:49 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect Access missing

I updated my cell phone to a smartphone & was looking forward to connecting it to the Uconnect Access so that I could add apps to my 2013 Laramie truck, and have phone manage my truck remotely.
Well I found out from my dealer that Ram decided to save me 350.00 an not install the Sirius XM & Uconnect Access to my truck just because it was coming to Alaska due to no Sirius reception.
I mean Ram didn't give a courteous call to my dealer so they could ask me if I wanted them to delete these features.
I mean there no way I can drive down to the lower 48 states.
I mean the Alaska Highway does go from Alaska through Canada, and down to continental states, not to mention that there is a ferry as well.
So, while talking to my sales rep. at my dealer about not having this feature he mention that the dealer argued to get this feature returned.
Now here is the real kicker, Ram says that the dealer can not install these features back, due to they must be installed at the time of production at the factory.
So now I'm talking to my dealer how we get this resolved.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:22 AM
rdculus
Veteran

That's ridiculous, anything can be installed if it was designed to be, somebody assembled the truck to begin with.
might just have to replace additional parts ECM, radio etc.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:14 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what radio do you have in the truck? Does it have the Uconnect buttons on it? If so then you should only need to use the Mopar kit PN 82212159 and alsothe optional iPod / USB cable PN 82212160. This install is quite simple and after the install, the tech will need to program the vehicle for sales code "RSP". As for the SIRIUS, here's a piece that I took from an online link:

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3570

Where can I listen to SiriusXM?

Thanks to those satellites high in the sky, you can enjoy SiriusXM Satellite Radio almost anywhere - within the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico (with some limitations), hundreds of miles out into the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea and the Great Lakes.

They would need to add the SIRIUS ant and plug it into the radio.

SiriusXM Internet Radio is available throughout our satellite service area plus Alaska and Hawaii. And if you're lucky enough to pilot a boat or aircraft, you can subscribe to receive weather conditions and forecasts in these areas as well.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:16 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional

I have the 8.4AN radio.
If you read the thread, Ram did not install the Sirius Antenna, and the Uconnect Access.
Which means that I have no uconnect button.
I'm trying to resolve with my dealer & Ram about getting these two items back into my truck.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:12 AM
xsdbs
Captain

ah, my apologies. Guess I didn't notice that you had the 8.4 system. Good luck with resolving the issue.

Originally Posted by ArcticWolf
I have the 8.4AN radio.
If you read the thread, Ram did not install the Sirius Antenna, and the Uconnect Access.
Which means that I have no uconnect button.
I'm trying to resolve with my dealer & Ram about getting these two items back into my truck.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:05 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional

I have to say that I not to impressed with the response I got to this problem.

Basically Ram & my dealer say that neither are able to do anything to resolve the problem and blaming each other.

Ram says its the dealer fault as they are responsible to the consumer to make sure they understand what the vehicle equipped with.

The dealer is saying its Ram fault as no notice was given that those items were deleted, until another customer noticed the missing option.

Neither is willing to do anything to see if there is a possible way of making me a happy customer.

I wish I could run my business this way.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:56 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

You keep saying "RAM"? Do you mean Dodge, aka.Chrysler?

Also, if you were not invoiced those options and you did not pay for them, your not going to get anywhere.
Sadly enough, it is up to the buyer to inspect every inch of the vehicle to make sure it has all of the options before taking delivery. Usually the dealer is willing to work with you if you missed something. In your case, I would imagine your dealer might be willing to sell you the items to make Uconnect work and install them at a discounted price?

if you didn't pay for them, they aren't going to give it away for free.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:09 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional

No, I mean Ram, as that is the truck division.

Granted the car sticker shows the credit for the two items.
The problem is that that the antenna has to hard wired at the factory, and the uconnect access can not be used without the antenna.
I'm thinking this over this weekend, and I'll go down to dealer to see what we can work out.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:16 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Good luck (and I don't mean that sarcastically either) getting this worked out. I know how I am with things and I most likely would be telling the dealer to take it back and get me what I wanted or get the equipment to install the accessories that I want.

Originally Posted by ArcticWolf
No, I mean Ram, as that is the truck division.

Granted the car sticker shows the credit for the two items.
The problem is that that the antenna has to hard wired at the factory, and the uconnect access can not be used without the antenna.
I'm thinking this over this weekend, and I'll go down to dealer to see what we can work out.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:50 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional

I have to say my dealer is stepping up to make things right.
He is willing to trade my current truck for the new truck, with a little paper work fee.
So I just reordered a 2014 Ram Laramie Crew with the same options my current one has.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Access missing