4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5 Year Lifetime Powertrain Inspections

Old 03-20-2014, 03:59 PM
jawsdc
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rolltidehemi
Had mine done a month ago when the ac evap went, no questions on my service intervals, all done by me, and they didn't ask about my log/recepts or suggest any maintenance service (maybe they felt bad since they were soaking me 1100 clams for the ac) and it all is a passed.
Same here, w/o the A/C repair.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:05 PM
1954Radio
Captain

I got my inspection done yesterday and my maintenance records they had were good enough to pass my truck. And all I had them do was change the oil. They said rest of the fluids were good and checked out. I also had them replace my broken rear passenger side exhaust bolt while it was there. I was told it would take all day so I rented a car for nothing because they finished it early but that's alright. I got my truck passed and that's all I was worried about. Besides, they treated me well and gave me a discount on my oil change and they didn't have to. They also ordered my pinion nut and will call me when it comes in. Guess I'll have to rent another car for that for nothing as well, ha ha! I gave them a max score of 10 on their survey...they deserved it. And I have you tell you, it sure felt good transitioning from the Nissan Altima to my truck. Wow big difference there. And I reset my tune back to a 91 oct and I could feel that too. Feels great to know the tune works so well! I run a 91 tune more often because I tow with it. I still use 93 oct fuel just in case of ping under stress. Good for another 5 years now.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:59 PM
R/T challenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 5 year inspection missed

I never recieved anything about a 5 yr inspection . I havent been told at the dealers either . I do the major services at the dealer , and keep my records. I have a 2009 dodge challenger R/T 60000 miles.
car has been tuned up and oil changed at normal intervals . Had some struts and tuneup done at the dealership just last year . So now i been getting some engine tapping (not injector) noise . I was doing my research and see this info in the forums . My heart dropped sigh now what do I do ? is it possible that they inspected the car one of the many times i bring my car thru for maintenaince ??? Anyone else have this issue

Old 07-13-2015, 10:16 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by R/T challenger
I never recieved anything about a 5 yr inspection . I havent been told at the dealers either . I do the major services at the dealer , and keep my records. I have a 2009 dodge challenger R/T 60000 miles.
car has been tuned up and oil changed at normal intervals . Had some struts and tuneup done at the dealership just last year . So now i been getting some engine tapping (not injector) noise . I was doing my research and see this info in the forums . My heart dropped sigh now what do I do ? is it possible that they inspected the car one of the many times i bring my car thru for maintenaince ??? Anyone else have this issue
They don't have to notify you, the warranty section of your paperwork clearly states it.

Go back and read Post #52 of this thread...

Old 07-14-2015, 03:36 PM
R/T challenger

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
They don't have to notify you, the warranty section of your paperwork clearly states it.

Turns out that the dealer gave me the wrong warranty booklet .. It only has a basic warranty information .. Nothing about lifetime power train . this warranty booklet says challenger "

Old 07-14-2015, 03:41 PM
R/T challenger

Originally Posted by HammerZ71

Turns out that the dealer gave me the wrong warranty booklet .. It only has a basic warranty information .. Nothing about lifetime power train . this warranty booklet says" challenger "
But belongs to a SRT 8 ...
So page 13 isn't that of the R/T booklet ... I had no knowledge I follow the owners manual to the tee as far as maintenance .. And the warranty booklet. Can't be my fault when I asked them they told me it was the same " they don't make r/t booklets yet " just tune ups and oil changes and u will be valid ..
I just seen the warranty booklet for the R/T is different than mine .. The dealers Fd up here .. This isnt right so I have some case open now with Chrysler hopefully they can reinstate me .. To the beat of my knowledge I have been doing what I needed to do to keep my lifetime power train valid ..
The service guys and dealers suck not one of them actually know .. Have no information for you .. Give me the wrong info and then hand you the wrong info in writing .. Smh

Old 07-14-2015, 04:12 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hopefully, they'll do the right thing and reinstate your lifetime warranty...

Old 01-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Ram Rebel

When I purchased my 07 Ram Sport it came with the lifetime powertrain warranty. When I had my 5 year inspection done, they they did it during the oil change appointment. I was in and out of the dealership in less than 30 minutes.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:56 PM
gsxrken
Amateur

Am I outta luck? My 2011 was put in service exactly six years ago and has never been back to the dealer except in the first year for the torque converter TSB swap. I did buy the maximum warrant for like $2k back then.
Truck still kicks *** but I'd like to have some peace of mind. Thanks

Old 01-30-2018, 06:43 PM
William Turner

Purchased the lifetime powertrain for my certified pre-owned 2016 RAM 1500. Glad I read this post! Interestingly I've read through the provisions mailed to me and I may be missing it, but it doesn't appear to be listed. Perhaps that's the difference between the new model years?

In any event, I've already put in a reminder to have the inspection in my smartphone calendar to remind me so I don't miss that inspection. It's a good idea even if it's not listed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5 Year Lifetime Powertrain Inspections