4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

RADIO and BACKUP CAMERA PROBLEM on a new 2014

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM
bpi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bpi
I have a 2014 ram sport. My radio is doing the exact same thing. Constantly going from radio to connect aux screen. It is annoying.

The dealership replaced the radio yesterday. Not an hour later the new radio did the exact same thing.

Not sure what else to do at this point! Let me know if you come up with a solution.
Any chance we all have blackberrys paired to these radios?

Old 11-20-2013, 03:38 PM
andrew_nomi

I have no device paired at all.

I called the dealership again today and they said that there is a new software update coming out that will fix this and a "laundry list" of other problems.

When I asked how long, they said "less than 6 months".

They also said there is no way of me knowing if a new update is out without calling them. I guess we have to just put up with it until then...seems a little ridiculous

Old 11-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Zookeeper
Amateur

I would be looking into your state's lemon laws to see what your rights are. It seems you've given them ample opportunity and time to fix the problem.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:43 AM
andrew_nomi

Unfortunately in Canada we don't have laws like that.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:10 PM
bpi
Default 2014 radio issues

Today my dealership unhooked the media hub located in the console of the Ram. This is where the aux port is. So far today I have not experienced the issue of the screen switching to the Media Aux screen. I will drive it a few more days and report again.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:25 AM
scott682

Unhooking the media hub sounds like a good work around until they can fix the software, I'm assuming that disables the USB port as well so you won't be able to hook up or charge your phone using the USB port until its hooked back up?

Here is a video of the problem in my truck:

Old 11-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Zookeeper
Amateur

Originally Posted by andrew_nomi
I have no device paired at all.

I called the dealership again today and they said that there is a new software update coming out that will fix this and a "laundry list" of other problems.

When I asked how long, they said "less than 6 months".

They also said there is no way of me knowing if a new update is out without calling them. I guess we have to just put up with it until then...seems a little ridiculous
What I don't understand, and maybe some IT person could explain it, is if you and every other Ram owner are using the same exact software, how come you're having problems and others aren't?

Old 11-24-2013, 12:42 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zookeeper
What I don't understand, and maybe some IT person could explain it, is if you and every other Ram owner are using the same exact software, how come you're having problems and others aren't?
Its called QUALITY CONTROL... something ALL the manufactuer`s could learn something from, IF they practiced it.
Just like the differentials in these trucks, some are good, most are junk... ther again, QUALITY CONTROL.

Old 11-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Waltersc

Originally Posted by andrew_nomi
I just purchased a 2014 Ram Sport and the same day after driving off the lot, my display screen began switching by itself from Radio to the Auxiliary Port connect screen back and forth by itself.

My climate screen will also not allow me to turn the temperature up and turns itself down after pressing the up button.

I took it to the dealership and they tried updating the software but i'm still having the same issue. They said they would have to order me a whole new radio.

Is this normal for a Brand New Truck???

Then just today, my backup camera stopped working and only displays a blue screen...

Has anyone else had this type of issue with a new 2014?

This is my first Dodge purchase and is not leaving a good first impression.

I purchased my 2014 RAM 1500 Sport a few weeks ago and have been incurring the same auxiliary issue since I drove it off the lot. I took it in for the software update last week and it still happens.

I'm scheduled for them to look at it again in two weeks (due to my schedule) and hopefully they will resolve the issue. I know of someone that had the same problem with their 2013 and they fixed it, so I will look in to see what they did.

I promise you if they tell me I need to wait 6 months for a new update I will lose my lid. Lol

Old 11-26-2013, 07:16 PM
andrew_nomi

Originally Posted by Waltersc
I purchased my 2014 RAM 1500 Sport a few weeks ago and have been incurring the same auxiliary issue since I drove it off the lot. I took it in for the software update last week and it still happens.

I'm scheduled for them to look at it again in two weeks (due to my schedule) and hopefully they will resolve the issue. I know of someone that had the same problem with their 2013 and they fixed it, so I will look in to see what they did.

I promise you if they tell me I need to wait 6 months for a new update I will lose my lid. Lol
Let us know your results. Im pissed about having to wait for the update as well.

Quick Reply: RADIO and BACKUP CAMERA PROBLEM on a new 2014