4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

RADIO and BACKUP CAMERA PROBLEM on a new 2014

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:33 PM
WESIDE
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any one try and replace the aux plug/cable with a new one? Maybe aftermarket? Maybe there was a bad batch of aux cables. Just thinking outside the box...

Last edited by WESIDE; 11-26-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:47 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Waltersc
I purchased my 2014 RAM 1500 Sport a few weeks ago and have been incurring the same auxiliary issue since I drove it off the lot. I took it in for the software update last week and it still happens.

I'm scheduled for them to look at it again in two weeks (due to my schedule) and hopefully they will resolve the issue. I know of someone that had the same problem with their 2013 and they fixed it, so I will look in to see what they did.

I promise you if they tell me I need to wait 6 months for a new update I will lose my lid. Lol
Waltersc,

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns. If you are located in Canada please let me know if you have any additional inquiries once the vehicle is diagnosed and if I can be of further assistance. If you are located in the United States you can PM my US counterpart, DodgeCares (Lee).

Old 12-01-2013, 08:24 AM
lyn_nicky36
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew_nomi
So apparently now they said that replacing the center stack wont fix the issue and they are waiting for a new software update and have no ETA.

Made a youtube video of the issue. Anyone having a similar problem?

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 radio problem - YouTube

Having the exact same problem! Just bought this truck yesterday, brand new. Any fix yet? Very frustrated.
Thanks

Old 12-06-2013, 08:08 PM
fatsadams

WOW and here I thought I was fighting this battle alone. Just purchased a 2014 dodge ram sport, now has 2700 KM on it and my radio will not shut off. It has been in this week and they replaced some type of connector as the old one apparently had water in it. Was told at the dealer they have never heard of this problem before.

Get home tonight shut the truck off and the radio and dashlights will not shut off once again. Again have to disconnect the battery to reset everything.

The main issue is this doesnt happen constantly and only seems to happen when I get to work or after my dealership has closed. Anyone have any updates on solutions to this problem??

Thanks

Old 12-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Zoshow

Same problem 2014 Laramie 1500 miles. About a week after I took it home same thing happened. Radio flips from aux to radio aux to radio........ Dealership said they couldn't re create prob and I haven't been back yet.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:04 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

[[Going to make this thread a Sticky for a while. Seems to be a pandemic.]]

Likely a big software update forthcoming, but it still sucks.

Last edited by TNtech; 12-08-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Waltersc

Hey guys,

I brought mine in to the dealership yesterday and
they have ordered me a brand new radio. Should be here
within the next day or two. I'll let you know if that does
it.

Not worth waiting around for a software update.

Cheers

Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 AM
thechipmans
Default Same problem! - Radio switching to AUX

To jump on the bandwagon and prove it isn't a unique problem...

We have had our 2014 Ram 2500 diesel for a week now (purchased from Texas in Oklahoma), and the same problem is happening. When listening to the radio (AM/FM, or Sirius XM), it will switch randomly to the AUX port.

We have not yet plugged anything into the AUX port, and just last night used the USB port for charging phones.

Also, we have used the bluetooth connection to listen via our phone, but the problem has not replicated. Only seems to happen when listening to the radio.

We have not been able to correlate any other external vectors with the behavior, such as speed of vehicle, road bumps, internal/external temperature, etc.

If anyone finds a solution, please post here so we can all fix it!

Old 12-10-2013, 12:42 PM
kapt

2013 Ram Larame Purchased 2/13

4/13: Radio locked up - zip , nothing

5/13 : software Update

6/13 : Radio locked up. Had to disconnect battery cable to be able to do anything , including climate control

7/13: New Radio Ordered

8/13 : New Radio installed

8/13 - 11/13 : Life is good

11/13 : speakers start to intermitently buzz and crackle

12/13 : Still Not fixed. But the climate works.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:34 PM
08RecordRam
Amateur

Its an software issue, anyone with these new trucks is going to have.
If you go back to the people who manufacture the radio for Chrysler you can see on there site. I will get the info for you guys. Noone at dodge knows bc the people sitting at the service desk learn about the truck from everyone coming in bitching and never touch a tool and think they are know it alls, and the guys fixing them never learn about it until a rep has to come in and teach them how to do it. About now the Rep doesnt know how to fix it bc there is no solution, except to buy a analog radio like the lesser privalaged people get!

Pretty comon My mother just got a brand new 14 limited and it does the same thing. All of us are ginny pigs with any vechicle u buy brand new! They cant fix the problem until half of america with the same vechicle has the same problem so they can figure out what it is.

Just want wether u drive a laramine or a kingranch, U wont find an resolution to your answer until you have the truck for awhile.

Quick Reply: RADIO and BACKUP CAMERA PROBLEM on a new 2014