4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rancho quicklift vs bilstein 5100

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 03:15 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rancho quicklift vs bilstein 5100

Has anyone used either the rancho quicklift or the bilstein 5100s to level a 1500? The only difference I can see is that you wouldn't need a spring compressed with the rancho system, and it's $300 more for the set. I spoke with rancho and they use factory springs and just move the position up on the shock so there is no more travel in the suspension. I don't mind spending extra for the rancho system if there is an advantage, but I haven't been able to find one.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 AM
SMGFATMAN71
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just switched from the bilsteins in all 4 corners, to the rancho quicklift system, i was suprised my rear bilsteins were leaking at 3 years old.I switched because i wanted new front springs,and strut mount, which was included with the ranchos, and because i dumped that saggy-*** factory rear spring long-ago for a skyjacker+4 spring.So far , so good, its only been a month, so i cant say about longevity and sustained ride quality.As for ride quality now, no better or worse then when the bilsteins were new.And the pre-installed front springs made the install a breeze.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:09 PM
-Boosted-

Originally Posted by SMGFATMAN71
I just switched from the bilsteins in all 4 corners, to the rancho quicklift system, i was suprised my rear bilsteins were leaking at 3 years old.I switched because i wanted new front springs,and strut mount, which was included with the ranchos, and because i dumped that saggy-*** factory rear spring long-ago for a skyjacker+4 spring.So far , so good, its only been a month, so i cant say about longevity and sustained ride quality.As for ride quality now, no better or worse then when the bilsteins were new.And the pre-installed front springs made the install a breeze.
Did you know the Bilsteins come with a lifetime warranty? You could have had the rears replaced for free....

Old 11-06-2013, 12:45 PM
SMGFATMAN71
Professional

Originally Posted by -Boosted-
Did you know the Bilsteins come with a lifetime warranty? You could have had the rears replaced for free....
Yes, and i saved them, i just didnt feel like waiting, wanted to try something different, and was getting nasty creeking from the fronts, which has totally dissappeared, so since this truck has lifetime powertrain, and bumper to bumper max care, ill be keeping it for awhile, so when these ranchos take a dump, ill just slap the bilsteins back in......

Old 11-07-2013, 11:11 AM
-Boosted-

Yes, and i saved them, i just didnt feel like waiting, wanted to try something different, and was getting nasty creeking from the fronts, which has totally dissappeared, so since this truck has lifetime powertrain, and bumper to bumper max care, ill be keeping it for awhile, so when these ranchos take a dump, ill just slap the bilsteins back in......
Sounds like you have a plan....

Old 11-10-2013, 02:09 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. Did you always have the front bilstens on the top setting? Any wobble?

So tell me about this rear spring? I was thinking about putting I'm air bags in the rear but I'm open to other ideas too.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:18 AM
SMGFATMAN71
Professional

The bilsteins were on the notch right below the top setting, never any issues,so far i think the ranchos are a bit softer;The rear spring is a skyjacker +4 spring, im very happy with it, i load my harley in the bed and it hardly drops, not like that flimsy factory spring did.Check out Top Gunnz Customs , thats where i got them from.

Quick Reply: Rancho quicklift vs bilstein 5100