4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Loose gas cap indicator won't go out

Old 04-10-2014, 10:33 PM
ramluv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose gas cap indicator won't go out

Hello Folks

My 2010 Ram Quad 4.7 had gas splashing out of the tube after the pump shut off. Took it in and had the evap replaced. It did the same thing at the next fill up and my check engine light as well as the loose cap indicator appeared on my dash. Took it back and the tech blew air through the line after checking with dodge online. There was some obstruction at first and then it seemed to open up according to my tech. They told him that there were reports of spiders building nests that block the flow of air in the line. The check engine light went out and the gas splashing back on me stopped. I changed the factory gas cap. The indicator remained on. The tech advised me to go back to the OEM cap and drive for a day. Just parked her and the light was still on. Do I need to clear the code or is there another problem?

Old 04-11-2014, 10:05 AM
mike2810
Captain

Mazda is the one with a recall on spyders and gas tanks.

Didn't know or have heard that Dodge may have the same issue.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:44 PM
ramluv
Default Hope I solved the problem

Got online myself and found a posting that told me to disconnect the negative battery cable for 20 minutes then reattach. That was 5 hours ago. Voila, the lights went out. Took it to the tech. He said that they could remain out or come back on as the computer cycles through it's checks. I'll find out tomorrow. Hope it's fixed!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Loose gas cap indicator won't go out