4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cab Lights

Old 07-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Tazman40
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab Lights

Just ordered some cab lights for my 2012 2500 and was wondering if anyone had a template or could offer some measurements for them.Noone around me has one with lights so any help would be great.I hate to try and guess because i know frustration will set in and ill start drinking beer and it will all go bad fast.Any info would be appreciated .

Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 PM
outlawstorm
Rookie
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if the 4th gens are like the 3rd gens,,, but when I installed a few sets, I just removed the headliner and the 5 holes are there in the inside panel of the roof. I just drilled from the inside out, Then before you drill the holes for the screws, Make sure all are nice and straight and look good from the front

Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Tazman40
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard about these holes as well on the 4th Gens.I think this is the route i will have to go as well if nothing else materializes to make it easier.Thnx for the info.How much of a PITA is it to drop the head liner?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:55 AM
outlawstorm
Rookie
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its take time, as you have to remove your sun visors and lights and any grab handles. I pulled the back down and slid it back some. Make sure hands are clean as if its a light color, it shows dirty finger prints. Also careful you don't crease it. As far as I know , the headliner has to be moved anyway you do it, as you have to run the wires to power the lights. Make sure and seal the screw holes with silicone as if you don't, you will get water leaks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cab Lights