4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can't place call from 730N RER

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:14 PM
knon2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't place call from 730N RER

About 2 weeks ago my 2010 Ram with 730N RER stopped allowing placing calls from the "phone" button.
I can still place a call from the cell phone just fine itself, but when I try to place a call using the U-connect system either using the "PHONE" hard key or the Voice Activation hard key on the 730N, it just sits on the first screen for about 15 seconds, then goes back to the radio. The calling screen just has the cancel button on the left-hand top and the VR Ready button on right-hand top and what looks like like a " below the cancel button.
Hitting either the cancel button or the VR Ready button will send me right back to the original media screen I was on before I started.
I went to the U-connect website and they are sending me an update disk, my system currently is application 2.043
Database RS18-N0905 3.2.4
Is it a reasonable assumption that the update will repair this? I have deleted and re-paired the phone, with exact same results.
Are there any other good options out there to give a try too?
I have several hundred songs on the hard drive that I will delete if I need to, to do a complete wipe or something if necessary. I just need the hands-free to work.
If someone calls, I can still answer just fine by hitting the "phone" button though. It also uploads the phone book every time I get in the pickup. Basically, the pairing is working flawlessly. It seems to be a glitch in the software for the phone connection in U-connect.
The navigation works flawlessly too.
I can try to clarify better is I don't make sense.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by knon2000; 07-28-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by knon2000
About 2 weeks ago my 2010 Ram with 730N RER stopped allowing placing calls from the "phone" button.
I can still place a call from the cell phone just fine itself, but when I try to place a call using the U-connect system either using the "PHONE" hard key or the Voice Activation hard key on the 730N, it just sits on the first screen for about 15 seconds, then goes back to the radio. The calling screen just has the cancel button on the left-hand top and the VR Ready button on right-hand top and what looks like like a " below the cancel button.
Hitting either the cancel button or the VR Ready button will send me right back to the original media screen I was on before I started.
I went to the U-connect website and they are sending me an update disk, my system currently is application 2.043
Database RS18-N0905 3.2.4
Is it a reasonable assumption that the update will repair this? I have deleted and re-paired the phone, with exact same results.
Are there any other good options out there to give a try too?
I have several hundred songs on the hard drive that I will delete if I need to, to do a complete wipe or something if necessary. I just need the hands-free to work.
If someone calls, I can still answer just fine by hitting the "phone" button though. It also uploads the phone book every time I get in the pickup. Basically, the pairing is working flawlessly. It seems to be a glitch in the software for the phone connection in U-connect.
The navigation works flawlessly too.
I can try to clarify better is I don't make sense.
Thanks in advance.
First, see if the software update sent by U-connect will resolve the issue.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:33 PM
knon2000

Will do.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:51 PM
knon2000

Well, they weren't kidding on the website for the update disk that I would receive it in about 6 weeks. I assumed I would get it sooner. I was WRONG. Took 6 weeks and 2 days!!!
Anyway, it was worth the wait since the update disk did overwrite what apparently was corrupted, and now it is working as it was originally.

Quick Reply: Can't place call from 730N RER