4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TMPS issues 2010 1500 sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:18 AM
NoMoreGMsForMe
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the long run it would probably be cheaper and less aggravating to replace all 4 sensors than to start ripping the dash out , I can see major issues developing doing that.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:52 PM
lukanov

i will try it! ill bite the bullet! 4 new sensors here we go .. ill let you guys know if it works

Old 08-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lukanov
i will try it! ill bite the bullet! 4 new sensors here we go .. ill let you guys know if it works
Wait a minute, when you swapped out the winter tires did you re-use the same sensors? I assumed you had 4 different sensors on those. My bad.

If you are going to buy new sensors, get them off Ebay. I got a set for my winter tires for only $150 for the set. Actual Mopar parts as well. Although any of them work, just make sure you get the 433 mhz version not the 315 mhz.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:03 PM
lukanov

Wait a minute, when you swapped out the winter tires did you re-use the same sensors?
No I didn't use the same sensors, the ones that are on my winter wheels stay on my winters and the ones on my summer wheels stay with them as well. I have had these for 3 years already, how long should sensors last? When I get these sensors replaced, if that beep does not go away, I will be out of ideas.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lukanov
No I didn't use the same sensors, the ones that are on my winter wheels stay on my winters and the ones on my summer wheels stay with them as well. I have had these for 3 years already, how long should sensors last? When I get these sensors replaced, if that beep does not go away, I will be out of ideas.
Ok, so if you swap on the winter tires, the beeping goes away? If it does, it's a sensor on your summer tires. If it does not, then it's the truck. If it goes away with the winter tires on, swap one out at a time with the summers until the beeping comes back. That tire will be the one with the bad sensor and you can have just that one replaced.

Quick Reply: TMPS issues 2010 1500 sport