Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 4th Gen Ram Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


4th Gen Ram Tech 2009+ and up Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 and up Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TMPS issues 2010 1500 sport

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:48 PM
lukanov's Avatar
lukanov lukanov is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14
Default TMPS issues 2010 1500 sport

So one day after putting my summer tires and rims on after winter my tmps light came on and starting beeping probably about once a minute, and so i checked my tire pressure display and it looks like its working and reading the tire pressures fine and then it freezes for a minute or so and then works again, all the while my "ding" goes everytime it freezes and unfreezes. ive done just about everything i can find
- checking tire pressures are correct
- disconnecting the battery and resetting system
- wrapping hid ballasts + ensuring my HID lights werent the problem
- ensuring my sensors all work properly and are in good condition

the dodge dealership told me they thought it was the irridium spark plugs i put in the truck, but i have a hard time believing that one.

so im at the point now where i tried to locate the actual door chime and put tape over it or something because driving in silence does not exist for me.

anyone have or heard of this issue?
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-08-2014, 04:03 PM
oldjeep's Avatar
oldjeep oldjeep is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: May 2009
Vehicle: 2009 2wd SLT Crew Cab
Location: MN
Posts: 3,266
Default

If it happened after you switched wheels then doesn't that tell you there is a bad sensor ? Have you tried putting your winter wheels back on to see if it goes away?
__________________
09 Ram 1500 2WD SLT Hemi Crew Cab
http://www.oldjeep.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-08-2014, 04:07 PM
lukanov's Avatar
lukanov lukanov is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14
Default

yea i did that immediately, but it looks like once the system got whatever error its getting it does not want to let it go for some reason
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-08-2014, 06:21 PM
TNtech's Avatar
TNtech TNtech is offline
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,071
SKMC69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukanov View Post

the dodge dealership told me they thought it was the irridium spark plugs i put in the truck, but i have a hard time believing that one.


HOLY HELL...what? lol


Under (or over) inflate about 10psi, drive it for a little while. Inflate them back to spec and drive it.
__________________
CHRYSLER-JEEP-DODGE-RAM
Master Technician
Electrical & Drivability


My Other Hobby

Last edited by TNtech; 08-08-2014 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2014, 06:34 PM
MoparMan1991's Avatar
MoparMan1991 MoparMan1991 is offline
Record Breaker
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Location: Barksdale AFB, LA
Posts: 2,211
XxGAMB1N0xX
Default

Duct tape ought to clear that one right up!
__________________


- Joe Carter -

Fun costs money. How hard do you wanna laugh?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2014, 06:39 PM
TNtech's Avatar
TNtech TNtech is offline
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,071
SKMC69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparMan1991 View Post
Duct tape ought to clear that one right up!
Ice Pic !
__________________
CHRYSLER-JEEP-DODGE-RAM
Master Technician
Electrical & Drivability


My Other Hobby
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2014, 07:14 PM
lukanov's Avatar
lukanov lukanov is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14
Default

ive tried the under/over inflation thing it still does not work does anyone know how to get at whatever is making the "bing" sound? if i could just tape over it to silence it until i figure out what the heck it is that would be fantastic
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2014, 08:31 PM
MoparMan1991's Avatar
MoparMan1991 MoparMan1991 is offline
Record Breaker
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Location: Barksdale AFB, LA
Posts: 2,211
XxGAMB1N0xX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukanov View Post
ive tried the under/over inflation thing it still does not work does anyone know how to get at whatever is making the "bing" sound? if i could just tape over it to silence it until i figure out what the heck it is that would be fantastic
It's most likely inside the dash, so that probably won't be a feasible option.
__________________


- Joe Carter -

Fun costs money. How hard do you wanna laugh?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2014, 10:31 PM
lukanov's Avatar
lukanov lukanov is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14
Default

I am running out of ideas, I have researched this topic quite extensively on the internet and although I've come across some people having some TPMS issues with their ram any solution I try does not seem to work, looks like Ill have to figure this one out on my own seeing as how the dealership cant help me
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-09-2014, 01:32 AM
SMGFATMAN71's Avatar
SMGFATMAN71 SMGFATMAN71 is offline
Professional
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukanov View Post
So one day after putting my summer tires and rims on after winter my tmps light came on and starting beeping probably about once a minute, and so i checked my tire pressure display and it looks like its working and reading the tire pressures fine and then it freezes for a minute or so and then works again, all the while my "ding" goes everytime it freezes and unfreezes. ive done just about everything i can find
- checking tire pressures are correct
- disconnecting the battery and resetting system
- wrapping hid ballasts + ensuring my HID lights werent the problem
- ensuring my sensors all work properly and are in good condition

the dodge dealership told me they thought it was the irridium spark plugs i put in the truck, but i have a hard time believing that one.

so im at the point now where i tried to locate the actual door chime and put tape over it or something because driving in silence does not exist for me.

anyone have or heard of this issue?
I had an issue with the tpms sensor not grounding on a moto metal wheel because of the finish, and they are mopar sensors. Other set of wheels and tires are on eagle alloy steel wheels,again mopar sensors, no problem.I like the eagles better anyhow.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:32 AM
 
 
 
Reply




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Join DodgeForum
Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Internet Brands, Inc.


Contact Details & Emails