4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TMPS issues 2010 1500 sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 02:48 PM
lukanov
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMPS issues 2010 1500 sport

So one day after putting my summer tires and rims on after winter my tmps light came on and starting beeping probably about once a minute, and so i checked my tire pressure display and it looks like its working and reading the tire pressures fine and then it freezes for a minute or so and then works again, all the while my "ding" goes everytime it freezes and unfreezes. ive done just about everything i can find
- checking tire pressures are correct
- disconnecting the battery and resetting system
- wrapping hid ballasts + ensuring my HID lights werent the problem
- ensuring my sensors all work properly and are in good condition

the dodge dealership told me they thought it was the irridium spark plugs i put in the truck, but i have a hard time believing that one.

so im at the point now where i tried to locate the actual door chime and put tape over it or something because driving in silence does not exist for me.

anyone have or heard of this issue?

Old 08-08-2014, 03:03 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it happened after you switched wheels then doesn't that tell you there is a bad sensor ? Have you tried putting your winter wheels back on to see if it goes away?

Old 08-08-2014, 03:07 PM
lukanov

yea i did that immediately, but it looks like once the system got whatever error its getting it does not want to let it go for some reason

Old 08-08-2014, 05:21 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lukanov

the dodge dealership told me they thought it was the irridium spark plugs i put in the truck, but i have a hard time believing that one.

HOLY HELL...what? lol

Under (or over) inflate about 10psi, drive it for a little while. Inflate them back to spec and drive it.

Last edited by TNtech; 08-08-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:34 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Duct tape ought to clear that one right up!

Old 08-08-2014, 05:39 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparMan1991
Duct tape ought to clear that one right up!
Ice Pic !

Old 08-08-2014, 06:14 PM
lukanov

ive tried the under/over inflation thing it still does not work does anyone know how to get at whatever is making the "bing" sound? if i could just tape over it to silence it until i figure out what the heck it is that would be fantastic

Old 08-08-2014, 07:31 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

ive tried the under/over inflation thing it still does not work does anyone know how to get at whatever is making the "bing" sound? if i could just tape over it to silence it until i figure out what the heck it is that would be fantastic
It's most likely inside the dash, so that probably won't be a feasible option.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:31 PM
lukanov

I am running out of ideas, I have researched this topic quite extensively on the internet and although I've come across some people having some TPMS issues with their ram any solution I try does not seem to work, looks like Ill have to figure this one out on my own seeing as how the dealership cant help me

Old 08-09-2014, 12:32 AM
SMGFATMAN71
Professional

So one day after putting my summer tires and rims on after winter my tmps light came on and starting beeping probably about once a minute, and so i checked my tire pressure display and it looks like its working and reading the tire pressures fine and then it freezes for a minute or so and then works again, all the while my "ding" goes everytime it freezes and unfreezes. ive done just about everything i can find
- checking tire pressures are correct
- disconnecting the battery and resetting system
- wrapping hid ballasts + ensuring my HID lights werent the problem
- ensuring my sensors all work properly and are in good condition

so im at the point now where i tried to locate the actual door chime and put tape over it or something because driving in silence does not exist for me.

anyone have or heard of this issue?
I had an issue with the tpms sensor not grounding on a moto metal wheel because of the finish, and they are mopar sensors. Other set of wheels and tires are on eagle alloy steel wheels,again mopar sensors, no problem.I like the eagles better anyhow.

Quick Reply: TMPS issues 2010 1500 sport