4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New tires..questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 07:01 AM
DK Pony
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to go with Yokahama Geolander ATS tires on my Ram.
http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/de...eolandar_a_t_s

I went back and talked to the guy about the Coopers. The ones he priced me were the 6 plys. The 10's are 250 per tire. I just can't afford over a Grand for tires. Then add in an alignment and it is probably at 1150 or so.

So I went tire shopping and the E rating tires are hard to find in stock.

I found a shop that recommended the Yokohama Geolanders so I went home and did some research. They get good reviews from most people and seem like they will do what I want them to do.

They are LT and E rated 10 ply tires. I had them mounted yesterday evening. I went ahead and got 5 so I can rotate out the spare.
$845.00 with 4 wheel alignment.

First impression: Ride quality is head and shoulders above the OEM Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires. They are slightly taller but then again the OEM's had 20K on them and if you have ever seen them new they don't seem to have much tread on them to begin with.

I will get some pics in the daylight today and post them up.

Thanks for all the advice and help.