4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Light, Parking/Marker Drivers Side not working?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 02:45 PM
RAMeister
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Light, Parking/Marker Drivers Side not working?

Hello all,

My 2011 RAM Laramie Crew 4x4, just developed a light problem.

I've never had any issues with my lights. In 2012, I updated the 3157 marker/parking/turn signal bulbs to a switchback LED, since then my lights have worked without fail.

A couple days ago I notice the drivers side front parking light was out. The turn signal worked, however no parking light. I assumed the bulb had failed. So I ordered a replacement. It arrived, I installed it, no change. Tried several bulbs, including a standard 3157.

Started troubleshooting the problem and the white wire with light green trace is the power source at the lamp. I have no voltage to the bulb socket or at the first connector in the engine bay.

I'm lost as to what might be the problem. The front parking lights are all fused together, and the turn signal and parking light share a common ground.

Best I can tell from the only wiring diagram, the next stop for the wire is inside the dash, to the module-totally integrated power module and the possible the turn-signal controls.

Any suggestions? And recommendations as to how to isolate the problem.

TIA

Quick Reply: Light, Parking/Marker Drivers Side not working?