4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2015 Regular Cab R/T - Stereo Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:48 AM
15R/T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Regular Cab R/T - Stereo Upgrade?

Hello All,

I have a new 2015 R/T regular cab with the 8.4N stereo. I just came out of a 2013 Charger R/T with the Beats Stereo system upgrade. I am not an audiophile by any means, but the Beats system was the best I have ever had in a vehicle...used to go listen to stuff in my driveway to hear parts of sounds I never heard before!

My questions.....

1) I know the shape of the car interior in the Charger may have been better suited to the enveloping sound of that system, but can I do the same in this regular cab truck without replacing the stereo head unit (speakers, woofer, amp)?

2) My system now is the Alpine system.....but I do not see an amp or sub anywhere in the truck, does it have one? My other vehicle for my wife is a 2014 Ram with Alpine system that has a subwoofer under the rear seat....I thought these would be the same and at least have an amp.

3) Any other thoughts on system upgrade......I miss the awesome sound of the Charger but don't want to change the head unit. I am looking less for bass (enough already in this system) and more for clarity.

I have looked in the search and googled a bit online, but I dont see much in the way of stereo data for Regular cabs, especially with the R/T and the already upgraded head unit.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-26-2015, 05:35 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My suggestion is to go to a reputable local stereo shop and have them add an amp and possibly some speaker changes. I upgraded my stock speakers with the Mopar Kicker upgrades and the difference was huge. Even before i added the new head unit and amps.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:57 AM
15R/T

Yes, I am going to check out my local radio installers, but was hoping somebody else had done something similar and wanted to know what they did and how it all worked out.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:43 AM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the front speakers i put in mine. These will fit your truck as well. And as i mentioned, i had these installed with the stock head unit and the difference was huge. Mainly due to the tweeters replacing the worthless dash speakers. They have built in crossovers as well. And the install was a breeze as they have the Dodge factory connectors soldered on. Not a single wire to cut. http://moparonlineparts.com/1500-speakers-p-2514.html

I doubt much has changed audio wise on these trucks, so if you have the Alpine system your truck has a factory amp and it will be up under the dash to the left of the steering column above the parking brake.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
15R/T

Originally Posted by NV290
Here are the front speakers i put in mine. These will fit your truck as well. And as i mentioned, i had these installed with the stock head unit and the difference was huge. Mainly due to the tweeters replacing the worthless dash speakers. They have built in crossovers as well. And the install was a breeze as they have the Dodge factory connectors soldered on. Not a single wire to cut. http://moparonlineparts.com/1500-speakers-p-2514.html

I doubt much has changed audio wise on these trucks, so if you have the Alpine system your truck has a factory amp and it will be up under the dash to the left of the steering column above the parking brake.
So I went the route of having component speakers put in. I put JL audio C2-650's in the front doors, with the tweeters replacing the corner dash speakers. I put a lower level set of JL's in the back speaker location (don't have the model number here at work). I ignored the dash center speaker and left as is, as I have heard changing does not provide any real benefit.

So, it is INCREDIBLE the difference. My wife has a 14 Ram Crew cab with the same Alpine stereo but 2 more speakers....what a difference....Now I have to decide if I want to replace the factory Amp....I don't think so, but I am curious to see how much more power will influence the sound.....

I will end up changing her truck to match this as now her's sounds muffled!

Quick Reply: 2015 Regular Cab R/T - Stereo Upgrade?