4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2011 dodge ram transmission in limp home mode

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:22 AM
international
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 dodge ram transmission in limp home mode

Hi i own a 2011 dodge ram Outdoorsman with 120000 kms on it.
Was driving it the other day when it went into limp home mode or stuck in forth gear. This truck is just my go to work and take the kids to daycare vehicle. I have read there is a controller or solenoid inside the transmission that can give issues. what codes may appear? I am mechanically inclined and can fix most issues at home. Want to get this thing fixed I need to take my kids to the zoo this weekend for a birthday party would appreciate any help i can get and thanks.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:35 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Moving to the correct section.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

5 year 100k mile powertrain warranty should cover it. I would go to the dealer for the diagnosis.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:42 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hello, international.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your Ram going into Limp Mode. Can you direct message me your VIN, phone number and the dealership you prefer to work with so that I am able to further assist?

Thank you!

Old 03-06-2020, 06:56 AM
Bumpy69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For 2011 limp mode

Truck in limp mode. I had to change Solonoid in Transmission. The Solonoid is not flowing through all gears so goes into limp mode. Drop trans pan with a catch pan under it for the fluid. Then you'll unscrew the Solonoid pack and drop it out. Then separate the Solonoid pack from its mount and replace with new one. Careful when screwing back screws. Get torque specs. , but when you put the pan back on those old screws will break if you torque it to specs. The heads of the screws break off if there old. Just go slow putting them back and suggest if going to use old trans. Screws torque under specs and go slow or they will break off at the head.

Quick Reply: 2011 dodge ram transmission in limp home mode