4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intermittent low voltage warning

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Bosshog1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent low voltage warning

I Han recently purchased a 2015 ram 2500 truck and really like it. It has about ten thousand miles on it and has been a great truck so far. The other day I made about a 500 mile trip I arrived at my destination and turned the truck off, when I got back in and started it the low voltage light came on. Since then it comes and goes intermittently. Always starts fine and I have tested the batteries with a multi meter, 14.5 when running 12.5 turned off. Any ideas.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Rickram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the nut that connects the how wire to the alternator. You might losen it off and make sure you are getting a good connection. I had a problem with my gauge on the dash reading low so I thought the alternator was going out. But the truck only had 15k miles at the time so I thought it was weird. Took it in to have it tested at an alternator shop and the guy reached down there on the nut and it was real hot. He said it wasn't getting a good connection. It felt tight but still wasn't getting it. I put a socket on there and turned it a little bit and I now have close to 130k with no problem. And the nut felt tight so there must have been some paint or something causing it to not get a solid connection.

Quick Reply: Intermittent low voltage warning