4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Recall - R36 Steering Wheel wiring 2010-2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:27 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Recall - R36 Steering Wheel wiring 2010-2014

Just did got a letter about a recall on the steering wheel wiring harness. see below!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL R36 / NHTSA 15V-459
This notice applies to your vehicle (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

Dear: (Name)
FCA has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2012 through 2014 model year Dodge RAM Pickup trucks.

The problem is...
The steering wheel wire harness on your vehicle may become chaffed by the driver airbag module retainer spring ends. A chaffed steering wheel wire harness could cause an electrical short and/or an inadvertent driver airbag deployment. Inadvertent driver airbag deployment, during certain driving conditions, may increase the risk of a crash and/or vehicle occupant injury.

What your dealer will do...
FCA will repair your vehicle free of charge. To do this, your dealer will inspect the steering wheel wire harness, and repair if needed. The steering wheel wire harness will be rerouted and secured to prevent wire chaffing and protective caps will be installed onto the airbag retainer spring ends. The work will take about ½ hour to complete. However, additional time may be necessary depending on service schedules.

What you must do to ensure your safety...
Simply contact your Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge or RAM dealer right away to schedule a service appointment. Please bring this letter with you to your dealer.

If you need help...
If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the FCA Group Recall Assistance Center at either recalls.mopar.com or 1-800-853-1403.

Please help us update our records by filling out the attached prepaid postcard if any of the conditions listed on the card apply to you or your vehicle.

If you have further questions go to recalls.mopar.com.

If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, please send your original receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement: FCA Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8007, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Reimbursement. Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days.

If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.

We're sorry for any inconvenience, but we are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.

Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC

Note to lessors receiving this recall: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:09 AM
bluebeast1562
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeap, got that recall notice on my app the same day I was at the dealer for the OCM recall. Waiting on parts to come in and a call from the dealer.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:47 AM
Zookeeper
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, my dealership told me this morning they're waiting on rubber spacers to come in before they can do the recall. It seems they're always waiting on parts.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:16 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i just had mine fixed friday.. and also had them fix my broken manifold bolts on my pass. side... total bill.. $0.00!

Old 09-26-2015, 08:56 AM
eethomas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I haven't received the letter yet, but that recall shows up for my VIN in the computer. Dealer also says that they are waiting on parts.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:20 PM
bluebeast1562
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the recall work done on the wiring harness today. Took all of 30 mins or so for them to inspect the harness and put the corrective action in place.
Hope no more recalls come out.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:29 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep, had R23 and R36 done today along with the second of my free oil changes. Only tok about an hour for everything...

Quick Reply: Recall - R36 Steering Wheel wiring 2010-2014