4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Radio Suggestions (2013 Ram)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Mike Jazz
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Radio Suggestions (2013 Ram)

Hello all....have searched a bit, but still am unsure on some issues. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with the base model Uconnect 3.0. Looking to do an all in one DVD/Nav/Bluetooth. Are there any suggestions? I thought I read something in regards to 2013s having issues with aftermarkets. Please help.

Thanks

Old 02-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Mike Jazz
Amateur

Oh, and I have seen that an Advent OCH-1 installs very well. I have a couple of those sourced out and ready to purchase if at all feasible.

Thanks

Old 02-04-2016, 09:49 AM
xsparta11x
Professional

Originally Posted by Mike Jazz
Oh, and I have seen that an Advent OCH-1 installs very well. I have a couple of those sourced out and ready to purchase if at all feasible.

Thanks
Hey Mike, I Think you posted up on a thread I was posting on a while ago about the OCH1. As stated before, I could not be more happier with it. I also recently had an odd experience with it as well. I was driving back from Kentucky where we just bought my Wife a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Turbo Diesel when all the sudden my radio stopped responding and got stuck in a boot loop. I called Advent, they asked if I had my receipt (which I did) and asked me to send it in for them to repair. After sending it in, I got a response from them as soon as they got it. The next day I got an email saying it had been fixed. They replaced something called the subkey pcb and also flashed the unit. To my surprise, the next day, I got a package in the mail. Not only did they fix the issue. They also, updated the Device Firmware, Bluetooth firmware, and installed the 2016 maps on there for me free of charge. I was floored. From finding the problem, to installing back in my truck was just shy of 4 days. Way better then if I had an issue with the factory radio and the stealership trying to figure it out, blame the TPMS or something like that, they 3 weeks later, them finally replacing it.

I can post a video of it on youtube today when I get home if you would like.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Mike Jazz
Amateur

xsparta11x-

I appreciate the insight on your adventures with the Advent radio. I just came to realize, since mine is 2013, that it may not be able to work in my truck. Something to do with how the factory radio is wired with Uconnect or something. I dunno....time to research some more......Thank You

Quick Reply: New Radio Suggestions (2013 Ram)